chapter 67

Author's POV

"... daddyn jannah Can i Please get the results before yah Kaleem?" Noor questioned peeking through the slightly opened door so that she will notice if Kaleem is coming.

"Umm... And why is that?"

"Well, I want to clarify something before he sees it"

"You Want to clarify whether you are pregnant or not right? Look Noor, I'm 90% sure that you're pregnant, the test result is just for confirmation"

She gasped "but what about his testicular trauma? He told me that there's only 1.5% out of 10 chances that he might be alright again"

"Who told you that testicular trauma can't be cured? Are you underestimating the will of Allah Noor?"

"No that's not it Daddy jannah, it's just that I can't get myself to believe that, all of sudden..." She burst into tears "...all of sudden this is happening. What if we're mistaken? What if we make yah Kaleem get his hopes high then got him disappointed later?!"

He sighed "I won't say i know Kaleem better than you, but I'm sure i knew about his tawakkul(believe in faith) better than you do, because I was a witness when worst incidents happened. I won't deny your request for seeing the results first because you are the baby's mother and you have the right to. But as a friend to all of you, i would advise you to express your gratitude to Allah for bringing Hidaya into your lives. Because of the love, support and care you gave to that little orphan, assure her a good future, the Almighty decided to shower his blessings upon you. So stop crying and celebrate Noor."

She wished that she could stop crying but it's the only way to express her feelings, slowly she got down and lay down flat on the cold floor, weeping hard. Hearing that, Aneel disconnected the call because he doesn't want to listen.

The door creaks open 5 minutes later and Kaleem entered. "So you're still here?" He squatted down in front of her. She quickly sat down and dung her head wiping away her tears with her sleeve.

"You know what Noorie?"

She looked up at him with all of her attention.

"Your current state is worrying me more than the situation at hand. Ban damu da rashin haihuwa ba saboda nayi imani cewa Allah ne ke bada Wanda yaso, kuma ba a kaina aka fara ba (I don't mind not having kids because i believe Allah gives whoever he wishes, and I'm not the first in that state) It's neither my fault nor yours, all we can do is hope and pray, even if it's negative it's okay we can never get what's not ours and what's ours will never belong to someone else"

"I know..." She sniffed.

"If so then put your mind at ease. I'm fine." He completed with a sigh. Drags her closer and kissed her forehead "you don't have to worry for me Noorie. Come what may, I will keep loving you forever!"

She closed her eyes and exhaled deeply, leaning into his grip. After about 5 more minutes when he was sure that she's okay, he raised her back on her feet and walk with her to the bathroom.

"Wash your face and get changed, we're eating outside so you could get fresh air. But be fast, it's late already"
She nodded in response and set inside.
.......

"Mom are you sick?" Hidaya asked concerned, as she cupped Noor's face.

She managed a faint smile on her lips, and held Hidaya's hand inside her's rubbing it gently. "I'm fine princess, I'm just sleepy"

She put down her brownies and stood up "I'm full daddy, let's go home"

Noor smiled genuinely seeing how Hidaya is concerned about her.
Hidaya loves them as much as she will love her real parents and even if what they are expecting will be true, she's sure that she'll still love Hidaya as much as she love her unborn child or even more! Because Hidaya is now a part of her.