chapter 55

NOOR

"Just think about this for the last time and forget it Noor" i spoke to myself letting the shower pour it warm water on me.

"Yes! You can't let baby K make you waver again, you're still divorcing ok? That's what mother wants. So you must ask him to free you before you return to Nigeria, did you hear me?" I hold my ear glaring at the white tiled wall.

"Well, i guess not!." I facepalmed myself. "Ya rabb please help me think straight before I lose my mind!" I pouted and off the shower.

Knowing that I'll be alone in the room i put a medium sized towel and took the hair dryer to the bedroom.
After attaching it to the socket i took my phone from the scattered bed without suspecting anything and surf through my old playlist.

I picked the song 'boy with love' and play it on high volume then start drying my wet hair and dancing, while lip syncing the foreign lyrics i always thought i was doing it correctly not knowing I'm just singing rubbish.

I've not been this lively and bubbly for a while so i decided to enjoy the moment. I played the song on repeat and dance to my fill till i dried my hair completely, applied oil to it and tied it in the usual small bun and started putting my undies.

After I'm done with that part i walked to the bedside drawer to take the clothes i put there before i went to bath.
I grabbed the clothes and was about to leave when I spotted something like a person's head under the duvet.

I stepped back a little, scared. I swallowed seeing the duvet rising up and down slowly, signalling the person's breathing.

"Wh..who's he.r.e?!" I asked in a trembling voice but no reply came.

Yah Kaleem come and save me. Please?. I cried mentally knowing he's no where around which means I have to options.
Either i did some to save myself or shout for help and make everyone come inside and see me half naked.
So i decided to go with the first option.

I gathered my courage and walked slowly to the bedside drawer again and picked up the bedside lamp then wrap my ten fingers tightly around it and raised it high on the sky ready to smash it on the person's head.

Before i was able to complete my action. The person sat out of the duvet and wrapped his hand around my waist in a flash speed making me stumble and fall on him.

I was already screaming hard before i was able to figure out what's happening, so he quickly put me against the bed and block my mouth with his hand.

My eyes bulge out of their sockets upon recognising him.
"Mmmnn?!!" I mumbled in his palm.

"You've attracted enough attention already, I don't you'll need more" he raised an eyebrow.

I twitched my eyebrows and put my hand to remove his from my mouth.

"What are you doing yah Kaleem?" I inquired scowling.

"Sleeping, before you disturb it" he answered in a monotone.

"Sleeping really? How long have you been here?"

"From the start i think" he pursed his lips which i strangely found attractive.

"How much have you seen?" My voice is now shaking, afraid of hearing his answer.

He smirked "how much have you seen that day?"

"What?!" I exclaimed in horror.

His eyes glance at the wall clock showing 10:13am.
"Oh no I'm late!" He put me down completely and got off the bed pulling the duvet to cover me.