chapter 57

NOOR

9:51am

I wake up to Kaleem breathing lightly, his lips pressed against my ear. My back pressed tightly against his chest and his legs are hooked around mine. Memories from last night bring smile to my face before the euphoric feeling is replaced by pain and anxiety. Did i make the right choice devoting myself to him or will mother still force us to part ways after he's taken all that I have?.

I roll over slowly to face him, to examine his imperfect yet Perfect features. I reach out and run my index finger over his eyebrows, then down to his lips that coloured red from my lipstick. I now feel the pain inside me, even though we've got through hot water treatment and I've taken some pain killer, but i hardly handled it for subh prayer. However i ignore it biting my lower lip. Everyone goes through the same test so i can endure it also.

Our conversation at the movies is now worrying me. Not that I'm bothered that I can't be pregnant with baby K, but I'm bothered about how well he's handle the issue and will be handling it in the future as well when people are expecting so much from him.

"How could you be so calm about this?" He asked scrunching his face in confusion.

I smiled faintly "how could I not be so calm about it when it's not everyone that's destined to have a child in this world? I really thought it's a bigger issue when you said you're scared of telling me about your truth, because you're scared i will leave you. I mean why would i When this awesome man all belongs to me?" I giggled to lessen the awkward tension in the air.

He sighed "mine is a different issue Noorie. It happened when i and Yasmeenah got into an accident. I'm sorry for bringing her up again but that was when it happened. When i got my testicular trauma, but I'm on medication since, still the chances are low, only 1.5 out of 10" he exhaled after he finishes explaining as our sad movie comes to an end, which i hadn't noticed as my attention was completely on my husband.

I pecked him on the lips which was unexpected for him "even if the chances is 0 out of hundred, we can still be parents without getting pregnant that's difficult or experiencing a painful labour. So don't ever worry yourself for me about this issue K!, I'm fine with it, i believe that's our fate and i love you regardless"

He kissed me back passionately "you're an angel" he says with a smile.

"I know" i chuckled "I'm now glad that we got a reserved theatre, else... Haha!"

I sighed and slowly drop my feet to the ground, because of the sudden urge to pee. I carefully stood up from the bed then quickly rest onto the wall yelping in pain because of the sudden sharp pain i felt radiating through me.

Kaleem who was a light sleeper ofcourse, abruptly stood up from the bed and approach me.
"Baby are you alright? Why are you up?" He asked deeply concerned and i shook my head.

"I want to go to the bathroom, but I can't." i whine in tears.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, let me help you" he threw my arm behind his neck and take me bridal style to the bathroom.

.....

"I've talk to them, they're bringing your breakfast here" said Kaleem in a worried voice, adjusting the wet towel in my forehead as I'm now burning with fever.

I just nodded, but I'm not sure if i can eat anything now as i have 0 appetite.

"Are you sure you don't want Aneel to check on you? He's a very good doctor"

I quickly shook my head and part my lips a little to speak. "Not untill he's not yah Zahra's husband. I'm not inviting humiliation"

"Then should I take you to the hospital after you've eaten?" He raised an eyebrow.