Chapter 9

(Sorry for the delay, i recently resumed school so i had trouble with packing and unpacking.)

NOOR

I head to the dining area feeling terrible, and saw Lailah. She stood across the table setting it.

"You should have called me to help" i said as i collect the forks and knives she was holding in a bowl and started arranging it neatly beside every plate and glass that was placed on top of the dining table.

"No, don't mind. It's all i do either anyway." She replied smiling "well, how did you like your room?, should i change anything in there?"

I returned the smile but was halted by Zahra's voice.

"I think you should Lailah, because she seemed to like other people's room better than hers" we both turned to look at her as she seated herself at the dining chair and raised her head to look back to us. "Does your friend have no manners? She just bummed into people's room without their consent!" She added scowling.

"I'm sorry aunty Zahra, i just went to check if you are alright?..."

"Why? On who's request? Can't you read or are you blind not to see the do-not-disturb sign?"

Well, i don't think i can handle more, she's being too mean and i won't tolerate it no matter what. "You are being impolite" i retort frantically.

"Huh" she scoffed, baffled. "So you want me to treat you nicely for invading my privacy?" She snap.

"But i already apologized" i raised my voice a little higher in defense.

"Apologize for what? What's going on?" Kaleem's voice startled both of us a bit. He stood in a Marigold yellow kaftan and a cap neatly resting on his well trimmed hair, indicating that he just arrived at the house. the color supposed to look weird considering that he's dark, but it suited him thankfully he's not that black in complexion, he's just light brown. the fabric lean perfectly on his body and he smells of musk.

I tilted my head towards Zahra, scolding my subconscious for checking Kaleem out and tried hard to keep my eyes off him and listen to her explanation.

".... She just barged into my room when i will mind it even if it's mother"She completed. I wonder why she's making a deal out of nothing.

"Zahra you should be polite to your guests. I think I've told you that over ten times, why are you making a deal out of this? Just because she went inside your room when you don't want her to?" Mother scolded.

That's what I was saying.

"She's not a guest mother" she whined, "she's a family member, like my brothers are"

"What do you mean by that" mother asked confused.

"Yea, i was never considered one, no one ever treated me like i were. except you Ya Kaleem" she muttered mentally. "Infact i don't really know my stand, who i was, what i am" tears started rushing from her eyes.
"Were people's rumors true mother? Am i also adopted? Like her? Or maybe I'm not even as important that's why you disregard me" she finally burst out crying, and we all watched her in pity, except our mother i guess, because she suddenly looks angry.

"I could bet my life on you not adopting another son no matter what, but you simply adopted another daughter without even asking for my opinion, if i will be okay with it or not"

"You could have donated your kidney to your brother then. if you did not wish for this to happen" mother shouted.

"Then i would have died, and you will cry for 3 days maximum then completely forget about me because you are sorrounded with your favorite sons who only bring good fortune to your family" she replied bitterly and left the dining room.