chapter 14

Kaleem's POV

My head really hurts, my eyes hurt, and my whole body aches. I slowly opened my eyes and the bright lights sorrounding the whole room makes me shut them quickly groaning in pain.
This is definitely not my bedroom, i wouldn't dare keep my bedroom this bright, i prefer it the darker way to avoid morning migraine.

"Kaleem?" Aneel spoke beside me. I slowly opened my eyes again to look at Aneel, I'm still at the hospital. The hospital Yasmeenah used to work, the same hospital i first met her, and the hospital that resides our last meeting.

"Kaleem are you okay?" Aneel spoke again.

"I really killed her Aneel, i murdered my Yasmeenah" i said bitterly tears streaming down my right eye but the left one stays dry. "She was hurting till her last breath Aneel, i wish i hadn't met her, she would have been alive"

He dung his head down and exhaled deeply then lift up to look at me again "i hate seeing you like this you know. Why did you become pathetic about Yasmeenah? About something you have no fault In it?"

"How is it not my fault when it is i who let Yasmeenah fall off that cliff?" I shouted my temper suddenly rising. "Had i hold on a little longer and tighter she would've been breathing today!" I screamed.

Aneel just sad there idly, he pity me but i don't need his sympathy, i deserve punishment, i deserve to be killed for killing Yasmeenah, but even the court didn't want to give her that justice and it really hurts me that no one cares about her.

"Can you get her back to living?" Aneel ask staring at me while i was busy fuming.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Had you not been there, Yasmeenah would have still died. Because she was destined to die that day and at the same time. You couldn't give life back to Yasmeenah so blaming yourself for her is useless. Just accept your faith Kaleem" he put a hand over my shoulder and i look at him weakly.

I'm seriously exhausted from everything and I'm tired of pretending to be okay while I'm not. Except mother and Aneel, not even Yasmeenah has ever saw me in such state, i never get a chance to show her I'm hurting even when i was. But i wish i had even once before she left, i wish i had showed her the real kaleemullah, the weak kaleemullah she needs to see.

"No one blame you for her death because you are not the cause of it, yes you tried saving her and failed but that didn't point at you killing her, you are also deeply injured at that moment, no one can ever save someone when he's fighting for his life, you were also fighting for your life" he removed the hand from my shoulder and placed it back on his lap.

" Yasmeenah is your past Kaleem I'm sorry to say but you really have to move on, you have to forget about her if you can and ease yourself from anxiety, depression and migraine. Please"

"She's the world i wish to live in, so simple yet elegant, so calm and serene, she's the ice that comforts the burnt heart. Do you think i can get someone like her again?"

Aneel honestly shook his head, as he is also a witness out of thousands you can only find very few girls like Yasmeenah. A girl who loves for the sake of Allah and was not bothered by wealth or family status. She even hates attention, she always wanted to live as a nobody, she wants to be simple and loving.

"Then why will you ask me to forget about her if I can't get her replacement?"

"You need to, for the sake of your family"

I chuckled "which family? Mother and father are fine and strong on their own, they're still even capable of making other people's lives pathetic." I raised my arms a little bit in the air and Aneel just stared.

"Khaleel is weak but he doesn't need me, and i think I've protected Habeeb enough. Then which family are asking me to forget Yasmeenah for?"

He stood up from his chair and started walking towards the window and spoke "Zahra and Noor are still there, they are the ones who needs you the most, can't you do that for them?" He reached the window and opened the shades revealing the dark night sky, glittering from the stars.

"We should head home, your mother might be sick worried about you" he says turning to face me. I feel thankful for changing the topic.

I scoffed and shook my head "I'm two years older than you remember"

"Yes but you are still Mama's boy" he said laughing and i can't help but smile. "I always stays out late but my mom never questioned me, but I'm sure your Mama is freaking out right now" he laughed harder tapping on the edge of my bed.

"Well..that's because I'm a good guy..." Before i could finish aneel's phone rang in his labcoat's pocket and he raised it to my face to see the caller.

"See your Mama is calling" he mocked and picked the call.

"Yes he's here mother" he says in answer to her question, then he looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

I hissed and snickered evilly, being tired of his taunts, i need to take action.

"He's fine ma" he lied, he knows that if she learnt the truth that I passed out earlier, she's also going to pass out. "we are just completing an urgent work but we will be back in thirty(minutes)"

"Okay mother, we are sorry, we should be on our way now"

he ends the call and removing his coat and hanging it on his arm.
"Let's get going before your mama ascend to our hospital, or do you need help?"

"I haven't prayed magrib and Isha" i said looking at my wristwatch, "so let's leave after I'm done praying" i declared and head to the bathroom, alhamdulillah the room's atmosphere has changed for better.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Follow for more 🤗
Ummu Najma 🥰