chapter 3

"could you please stop? I don't want to hear anything from you Habeeb just Leave please" she cried, placing her crying baby on her chest and shaking him hoping he will stop crying so the pressure on her heart will lessen,

"We started this together Lailah, so together we shall finish it"

"No you're lying" she shouted, "wallahi i had never co-operated with you on anything, i never wanted to betray my husband, a little attention was all i needed and i got that too from him, you have no significance in my life, i considered you my brother and my brother-in-law nothing else" she finished in a whisper, then balanced her baby on her chest and folded her hands around her back,

"please-leave-me-alone, i no longer need you, i loved Khaleel and will continue to love him till my last breath, there's no space for anybody else inside my heart, I'm secured for Khaleel only"

Her words hit him like daggers on his chest, he opened his mouth to retort but could find no word to reflect his emotions then closed them shut! He forcedly drag himself out of the room banging the door behind him, as he could no longer hold the same air Lailah is breathing in for a second without his heart shattering into pieces.

Lailah return to her seat, crying, and all this while i just sat there witnessing the unfavorable scene, i wish i could help with something even if it is holding her baby for her so she could cry comfortably but with my current situation, keeping silent is the best option.

She cried to her fill for about 20 minutes and thankfully no one entered the room in the meanwhile. So she calm herself afterwards and looked up at me with her bloodshot eyes, bitting her lower lip she spoke "I'm sorry you have to witness something so unfortunate as this, believe me it's just a misunderstanding Habeeb was a good man, he will never want to hurt his bro..."

"I understand" i cut in "i really don't need to know what's happening, but i accept that nothing's going on between you two"

"I'm not trying to convince you that I'm not bad Noor, thanks for accepting that we are clean but you are free to believe whatever you wanted to believe. just know that Habeeb is a good guy and we have never done something *Haram (prohibited) not even once.
And please.... if possible don't tell anyone about this"

"I won't" i replied immediately, "just assume that I'm not here"

"Thanks" she gave me a blank smile and we continued sitting in silence. She came to this room to avoid Habeeb in the first place, but things have turned to worst instead.

"Let me get you something to eat, so you can have your medicines" said Lailah breaking the tensed silence as she stood up after putting her baby to sleep.

"Let me hold her please..... The baby" i added noticing the confused look she is sending me.

"No Noor! You are not fine i don't really think that's a good idea"

I smiled stretching out my hands "believe me i can manage, moreover she is not old enough to be too heavy. I just want to give her a close look"

She pressed her lips a little bit tense but she just couldn't refuse my request, I'm her husband's Lifeline, rejecting my first request is impolite.

"What's her name?"

"Nimrah" she replied as she handed her to me.

"Ohh she's really pretty, just like you" i said as i placed her on my chest instead of my laps because I'm not sure there won't be a problem if something reached there.

"Well, they usually say she resemble her dad, her eyes, lips, and complexion. I'm a little bit dark as you can see"

"So you mean ya Khaleel is fair? or let me say it this way.. he is white?"