chapter 23

Kaleem's POV

"Why didn't you tell me who you really were leem?" Asked Yasmeenah with a sad face.

" Is that necessary?" I asked back.

"Of course yes!" She almost yelled "i mean your family is one of the most influential families in this state but you didn't bother telling me?"

"I'm sorry but I thought that's not significant, you are marrying me not my family so that shouldn't affect our relationship"

"Even so, I'm still going to be part of them after we got married so atleast i deserve to know who I'm going to be with from you when we first met not after your family met mine"

I smiled painfully "you wanted me to tell you at first so you could reject me before we come to this point right?" I asked the disturbed Yasmeenah who was about to cry, i don't know why girls always find it easier to cry in every situation. I should be the one crying right now not Yasmeenah because i was the one who was about to get rejected by her.

"This was the first time my family brings a negative impact in my life, i was always put first in everything because of the same thing you are rejecting me for. Everyone else is the same Yasmeenah why would you choose be different? I don't mean to offend you but it's okay with me even if you will love me for my money, i will still love you in the same way i did before, but please agree to this proposal"

_______________________________

What's wrong with me? Why did I even do that?! Embarrassing myself in front of a mere guy whom i guess is atleast 4 years younger than me just because of Noor, Khaleel is even older than him.

I have to keep myself away from Noor, she was nothing but a spy that's willing to hurt me but i'm standing by her, being by her side, and not wanting to leave her alone, and i have to protect myself and my family from her, but I'm always trying to protect her instead.

"Hey watch your step" shouted Aneel from my living room "before you fall into the death trap you designed yourself" he finished hissing, and i look down to find my feet at the edge of the floor to the living room. If not because Aneel had alerted me and brought me back from my thoughts on time, i would've fall and even if the height is not enough to kill me, i could've fractured several bones.

I exhaled deeply, trying to shove Noor's thought out of my head i lead myself down the stairs as Aneel continued speaking.

"Be grateful I'm here, else you would've been brought to us with broken bones. I mean how could someone be weird enough to design a living room under the first floor and the stairs is leading downward instead of upwards?!!" He finished hitting his forehead several times with his palm in annoyance.

"That's called freedom of choice" i commented. "You can also slaughter your throat and stich it back, you can do that can't you? As a potential doctor" i teased sitting down next to Aneel who's busy eyeing me completely annoyed. "So that's also my potential as an architect, to design whatever I wish and put it to life" i said shrugging.

"Whatever" said Aneel shaking his head. "Where did you went with Noor in the afternoon?" He asked.

"Speaking of which; why did you asked me to teach her painting and what were you talking about earlier at dinner?" I demanded curiously.

He nods and rested his arm back on the couch. "Well.. first. I asked you to teach her how to paint to make our investigation on her easier"

"How?" I asked confused.

"Because we need her close to us if we want to find information about her hidden motives"

"But we can do that without getting her 5 feet away from me, she's already living inside this house right in front of our eyes. I've told you i don't like her close to me, moreover she's dangerous" i complained.