chapter 54

KALEEM

"Oh! My! God!!! Heys get a room, you will impurify my child!" Aneel snapped us out of our fantasy world holding onto Zahra's flat tummy whom also stood there with her jaws on the floor.

"Ouchh!" Noor yelped after bumping my forehead hard.

You attack and you cry?.

I quickly let go of Noor and retreat back, dropping my hand from her neck to the ground to support my weak body system out of embarrassment and the other rubbed the sore spot on my forehead.

Noor opened her eyes looking into mine and started shaking her head.
"No! It's not what you are thinking! It's really not what you're thinking." She stood up shaking her hands in front of them.
While i can't even get myself to face them.

"He was just.. i was hiccuping and he.. and.." she stutter.

I quickly get on my legs and put my arm around anxious Noor's shoulders to stop her from basket mouthing. Using a hiccup as an excuse to kiss her was kind of ridiculous reason, so no one will believe it, not even Aneel.

"Relax sweetheart, you've stopped hiccuping" i whispered in her ear to calm her down.

"Really? Have i?!" She listened to herself speaking then returned "Oh yeah, i have thanks!.. oh i mean sorry."

Sorry for kissing me or what?

"I guess we're Invisible!" Declared Aneel, annoyed.

Zahra giggled and took his hand. "Don't mind them, they're free to do whatever. They're married remember"

"Yes but not everywhere when there are two kids around, they'll spoil our upbringing"

"And now you're overreacting" she rolls her eyes.

"Are you done?" I chimed in.

"Done with what?" Inquired Aneel.

"Announcing to me that my sister is pregnant in such a stupid way!" I spat, Making the irritation evident in my voice.

Upon hearing that, the Noor that was by my side disappeared in a blink of an eye.
I caught her glimpse in front of Zahra. Smiling and reaching for her tummy.
"Ya rabb! Is it true?... Can I touch it please.. oh congratulations" she request with a grin and Zahra nodded allowing Noor to touch the something hidden inside her flat tummy under her dress.

"Yah Kaleem you're going to be an uncle" Noor announced delighted.

"I was Nimrah's uncle a year ago" i replied in monotone.

"Still, it's the first time from yah Zahra's side"

"And mine too" Aneel gave her a thumbs up and i glared at him, waiting for my answer.

He smiled sheepishly "well, that's not the actual plan. I was thinking of throwing a party after dinner and announce it to everyone there, but anyways, congratulations on being the first person to know"

"You're stupid.." i twitched my eyebrows disgusted.

"Yeah, that's the father of your future niece or nephew and the beloved husband of your sister"

"..And obnoxious"

"And she loves me like that unlike pleasant someone!. You are really lucky to have me as a brother in-law so congratulations once again. You may now continue with what you were doing."
He carefully drag his wife to the room next to ours, leaving me stoned to the ground.

"Ughm" Noor cleared her throat to get me back to my senses.

I turned to look at her shy face and embarrassed eyes.
"Congratulations!" She smiled.