chapter 48

KALEEM

"Why are you suddenly bringing up a case that was closed 3 years ago?" Noor commented before i was able to say anything.

I turned to her flabbergasted. How? When? And where? did she knows about this?!.
I turned to everyone in the room but their expression was blank except for one. LaILAH! She's the one who told Noor everything I'm sure of it because she looks completely suspicious by trying to not meet my gaze.

"So you're saying you've found an evidence against me after 3 years and you're reopening the case?!" I questioned.

"Not yet, but this Miss has requested for reinvestigation on her sister's death. And you as the suspect needs to be with us at the station now for questioning".

Without notice, mother who's now standing between Hudah and Khaleel raise her hands in rage a landed a twin, sound, unexpected slap on hudah's both cheeks.
"So you and your dead sister are still after my son? What do you want from us eh? She has bewitched him and now you're here to destroy him?"

"Officer, see she slapped me" she complained to the vulnerable policemen who were not able to do anything to me talkless of mom.

"We are here to arrest only Mr kaleemullah and not his entire family" he retorted frantically.

"Then what are you still waiting for? Arrest him" she ordered in her most disrespect manner.

Noor stepped forward glaring at her "He's going nowhere with you"

"Do you wish to see the police commissioner here this night?!" Added mother.

The situation isn't as serious as it seemed but seeing those two women that I'm trying to protect with all my might trying to protect me in return, i can't help but stare at them in awe admiring their courage. I really can't live without any of them.

"Shh... Calm down everybody. Let me handle this on my own okay?"

"Where is the arrest warrant?" I directed my question to the policemen.

" Here it is sir" the first one handed me the paper and my name is clearly written on it.

"Mom have you called my lawyer?"

"Yes, I've already called them before you. I'm now calling the commissioner" she answered pressing into her phone.

My eyes bulge "no you don't have to call him over such a petty issue. I will just go with them and will be back in two hours i promise" i tried to convince her but to no avail.

"Wallahi tallahi! You are not stepping your foot out of this house tonight. And i must put this witch behind bars instead of you i promise"

She pointed a finger at Husnah "You will be charged with framing, harassment, trespassing. Because you're supposed to stand by the door when you come to arrest someone and not enter the house uninvited. And you will be charged with nothing!. I will make you rot in jail for no reason you wench! and will show you that messing with the wrong people is your biggest mistake!!"

I gasped at her threat. It's really scary and I'm more than sure she could do that.
"Mother please...." I started when the commissioner picked up her call. They exchange greetings before she left the room. And before she returns all the four attorneys that worked on Yasmeenah's case arrived, each carrying a file in hand.

Oh god! Mother is really dramatic.

She came back later and the policemen both immediately got a call from their superiors.
They kept repeating sorrys into the phone and quickly find their way out of the house and deserted Hudah there after apologizing to me, Noor and mother especially.