chapter 33

Kaleem's POV

"Why? Do you like me?"

I asked looking into Noor's eyes searching for an answer. I really don't know why, but I wish for the answer not to be negative even though i was hoping for the negative answer. Noor can't like me! she must not like me!! But I don't want her to say that she doesn't like me!.

She breaks the stare and look away laughing awkwardly, and I kept a straight and serious face. I really want to know what she feels about me and i hope nothing will interrupt this moment.

"Ofcourse i like you!" She finally answered and i sighed, relieved.
"You are my brother. How can a sister not like her brother? I like you as my brother!"

I nodded disappointed "oh.. that's true. But why did you suggest that I shouldn't marry Hudah?"

She looked away reasoning for a suitable response before she looked into my eyes again.
"I don't think she likes you, maybe she just want to get married to you because of something else"

"Why do you say that?"

"The way she's looking at you is not so affectionate. and she's being mean to you who's supposed to be her future husband" she added scrunching her face, disgusted.
"And I don't like her" she added.

"That's it!"

"What?"

"The reason why you don't want me to marry Hudah, Because you don't like her. But you see, i have to get married someday don't I?"

"Yes, nobody says you don't. But you should atleast get someone nice and someone you love. You really deserve someone better than that Hudah"

I deserve someone better! Does Noor really thinks I deserve better? Is it because she doesn't know who i was and what a failure i am now?

"Hudah is the better i deserve Noor, Moreover she is Yasmeenah's sister, i will be able to live with her with the love i have for her sister, i have to fulfill Yasmeenah's dying wish" i confess sadly.

I really feel like crying now but it'll be so cowardly of me to not be able to hold my pain in front of Noor. I'm being open and honest with her and that's enough, She doesn't need to know my horrible secrets.

She pointed her index finger towards me "Are you sure? You can live with her forever when it's her sister you love not her?"

I can't! I really can't live with someone forever other than you!.

I nodded and barely open my mouth to speak despite the sudden ache torturing my heart. "Yes, i can" i lied and her face fell.

She opened her mouth to say something when the door clicks open and Dr Aneel, Zahra and Husnah entered with a salam.

"Subhanallah what happened to you?" Asked Husnah hurrying over to Noor.

"I almost died Husnah" she whined, pouting in a childish manner.

She shot me a quick glare before placing her hand over Noor's holding it a bit tight.
"You should be more careful in the future okay? Don't just consume anything that looks palatable and you should tell about your allergies to your family especially yah Kaleem, so that the same mistake won't be repeated again. Okay?"

Noor nodded in response as a lone tear fall from her eye.

"Oh my baby" Husnah said as she hug Noor's head patting it softly. "Let me see, ohh your skin is so red, these rashes are so ugly" she caresses Noor's cheeks and hug her head again "ohh baby!"

The situation is quite serious but the room can't resist the urge to chuckle.
"This is hilarious" i mumbled under my breath, smiling.

"Oh drama queens, are we still invisible" said Zahra eating her smile.

"I could've died without appearing in one of your videos yah Zahra" she said with a pout.

"OMG you should be scared of dying young and single rather than that" commented doctor Aneel.

"Then your friend must've married her dead body since he cause all this" replied Husnah with her hands around Noor's shoulder whose facial expression is now hard to predict.

"It's an accident, stop pestering my brother" Zahra replied to Husnah putting down the fruit basket in her hand on the table. "And i think I've made enough videos over time and I've gain enough popularity. So I've quit vlogging for the meantime, I'm getting married soon"

"Really??" Both i and Noor exclaimed flabbergasted.

She nodded in response.

I turned to Aneel who doesn't seem surprised at all.
"Is this a news to only me or you have no clue about it either?"

"No, because she's getting married to me by Allah's will"

I was like 'WHAT???' but was bewildered when Noor started clapping Saying "masha Allah! It finally worked out, I'm happy for you yah Aneel. Congratulations yah Zahra, Please can i be your bridesmaid?"

So Noor knows about this while i don't??.

She giggled and replied "it's not like I'm getting married tomorrow"

"Yeah but I'm making reservations before it's too late"

"Okay sure, you deserve it" said Zahra with a smile and i Wonder what Noor did to suddenly change the enemity between her and Zahra and even be earning her favours. She is sure unpredictable.

.....

"Aneel wait" i called hurrying down the hospital hallway. They all, except Husnah turned to look at us, i was walking by Hudah's side.
Zahra dismissed herself shortly and i stopped by Aneel who's holding Noor stilettos in his hand and the pale red looking Noor standing by his side.

She looked up at Hudah, then back at me before she collected back her shoes and silently left the scene while my mind follow her.
I want to know what she's thinking.
I want to know what she felt when she saw me together with Hudah.
I want to know whether she's hurt or not.

"What?" Asked Aneel calling back my attention.

"Do you think i will feed on that nonesense? You're getting married to my sister and I don't even know about it?"

Aneel smiled a little, he already saw it coming. Me, throwing tantrums because of this is a constant.

He smiled at Hudah before saying "excuse us please"

She hesitated for a while ignoring Aneel, she turned to me and said "I will get going yah Leem, I'm still on duty. Call me when you reach home okay?"

I was unable to even nod surprised by how brazen Hudah has became to disrespect her superior and my friend Aneel.

After Hudah left, without minding what she just did to him Aneel started explaining what happened to me.

"We haven't even told our parents about it either. We just decided on it yesterday and you guys are first to know"

"Do you think i will allow you to marry her?" I frowned.

He chuckled "you will, you must, she's your sister after all, you must wish to see her married to a decent man. now you'll stop trying to keep me a bachelor all my life" he finished laughing hitting my arm but his face quickly fell.
"Wait... Will you?"

I hesitated a bit then nodded. " Yes, you are lucky i will" i stated, and his face suddenly lights up, grinning ear to ear.

"Really?"

"Yeah, because I'll also be getting married soon"

"WhAt??! With whom?!!"

"Hudah!"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Oh hello! Salam I'm back as promised💃
And i will continue posting as scheduled insha Allah, so fasten your seatbelts because the story is about to take turns very soon. Keep up with the support 😩 i love You all🥰.

Eid mubarak to all🥳 i hope you all had a happy and blessed eid❤️.