chapter 11

NOOR

"I told you I'm not taking any more injections and that's final. Haba! What do you think i am that makes you keep piercing my body without any mercy? A sponge?." I snap at my nurse before hurrying out of the room, i shut it with a bang and run to the right wing.

I stopped at Habeeb's door and gave it a knock. They had a fight with Lailah this morning, and so she'd been crying ever since that's why i will go and talk to him about it, he should stop tormenting her Emotionally. I knocked the door several times but got no response and i can still hear a sound of music, so he must be inside.

I turned the knob and the door opens so i let myself in. The beats of Bad influence by omah lay, hit my ears. He must be so heartbroken considering the lyrics. Unlike Kaleem's apartment, Habeeb's own is a simple one, a living room, kitchen, dining area, and 3 more rooms. it's seemed bigger of a square than Kaleem's. And it's same as Khaleel's.

He laid his tall figure on a couch, with his face facing the ceiling and his eyes closed. I went close to the speaker nearest to him and his phone sat beside it playing the music while connected on Bluetooth. I picked up the phone, lucky enough for me there's no password, so without stopping his music i log into apple store and download mp3 Qur'an in a minute.

I shuffle the music to suratul baqara, and he quickly open his eyes glaring at me and scowling. "What are you doing?" He asked sternly.

"Music doesn't help ease worries, but this will definitely help" i replied shrugging.

"And what are you doing here?"

"I come to check on you. Are you okay?" I said finding a seat for myself and sat down.

"And?" He asked me wryly.

"Ok you look fine, but Lailah isn't"

He scoffed "i know that we're coming to that, seeing the way you two are getting along. But it will be better if you stay the shit out of it" he snapped.

"But why? Why are you after a married woman Ya Habeeb? And your brother's wife for that matter".

He stood up angrily and walks towards me, fear crept inside me as he brought his hand to me. I quickly raised my arms in defense. "Don't touch me" i instruct.

He didn't touch my body but grabbed my sleeves and drag me out of the sofa to the door. "Never interfere in my matters again. Else. Even i don't know what i am capable of doing". He threatened and with that, he threw me out of the room and shut the door at my face. I felt myself falling to the ground but a hand stopped me. I closed my eyes tightly waiting for my body to painfully land on the floor but the strong and muscular arm did a great job in holding me steady.

I opened my eyes to see Kaleem staring down at me, the warmness in his body radiating through me. He threw me back to my feet and scowled. "If you are not careful, there are chances of getting more bruises" he stated. I looked up at him with a confused look so he warned me like he's supposed to.

"Stay away from my brothers" he stated and left.

Wait, was he following me? I thought he came to meet Habeeb and we met coincidentally. I went back to my room to talk to Lailah about it only to find her absent. She has left for the hospital and probably won't be back until late in the night. There was a missed call from an anonymous number so i called back thinking it might be Husnah's second contact because I still haven't shared my new number with many people yet.

"Hello" Yusuf's voice hit my earbuds.

I quickly put the phone down to disconnect it, I don't need to talk to him Though i want to. I'm yearning for his voice.