dinner party

Author's POV

8:28pm

Kaleem stood by the staircase waiting for Noor to be done so that they could leave. It's been 7 minutes since she asked him for extra 2 minutes to put on her shoes.

"Is she putting on hooves?" He groaned checking on his watch for the seventh time. He really doesn't want to stay out very late that's why he wants them to leave early even though they are already late.

Finally he heard slow yet loud footstep coming from the stairs. He lifted up his head gently and glance at Noor approaching him with a smile. A murderous aura in her beauty because she steal his breath away.

"I'm sorry for making you wait yah Kaleem" she apologies rushing down the stairs.

"Be careful! You might fall" he warned her seeing the stilettos on her feet.

"Nah!" She waved her hand carelessly "I'm used to walking in.... Aahh!!" She screamed as she slipped losing her balance.

He hurried to her without knowing and tried to hold her but she manages to support herself by holding the handrail and regain her balance.

She laughed awkwardly when she's sure sure she's safe.

"That was unexpected" she gasps with her hand on her chest, panting.

Kaleem shook his head and step back, motioning with his hand for her to come down.
"And be careful! Walk slowly" he warned.

Without further argument she did as he says and in no time they were outside in his car.
"Are you sure you don't want to change these death trap on your feet?" He asked seeing how she's struggling to keep her legs straight because of her shoes.

"No i will be fine" she denied.

He shrugged "ok!" And drove out of the mansion.

They eventually reached the event venue and Noor was out of the car before Kaleem could even park!

She walked to the entrance but the security stopped her because she didn't have a pass.
She turned to Kaleem with puppy eyes her excitement dropped to her feet.
She doesn't have any other wish right now than to see her inside this extravagant hall in front of her.

He rolled his eyes and walks up to her, and in no time people who knows him there started greeting him with a hand shake and saying hi to Noor.
The small crowd they have gathered around them attract the media attention. Suddenly all Noor could see is the camera flash from all directions.

Kaleem hardly drags her inside the hall without any of the journalist following them. And as soon as they were inside, he quickly release her hand and looked away.

"Subhanallah!!" Noor exclaimed with her jaws on the floor. Her eyes had never beheld such opulence.

"That's it! That's what I'm talking about, that's what is really called a wedding party yah rabb!" She mumbled but Kaleem heard her clearly and so he rolled his eyes.

This was nothing new to him, he has attended many wedding parties on a ship or a private plane, and some on top of a building almost 10000 feet above the ground. So for him this is just a normal wedding, but! For Noor, it is not!

Because she just disappeared in a blink of an eye and returned with a slice of truffle cake in her hand and a fork in the other hand.

"Wanna try some?" She asked Kaleem pushing the cake to him.

He gave her a disgustful look before he snatched the plate from her hand while she took a bite.

"Please give it back" she demanded with a full mouth chewing on her cake.