chapter 10

Kaleem's POV

I pulled a full frown as i noticed someone going into my private storage area, was it robbery? Early in the morning? And how can someone Even come all the way into my apartment despite the tights security we have around the house.
I rushed to them before they could get to see what's in there, even i don't let myself into that room for a very looong time, i only entered once in ages, that too to keep something as important as my life inside. All my secrets are concealed in that room.

I yanked the person by their shoulder and pulled them out of the room before looking directly into the girl's face, dressed in purple pajamas and a small hijab slightly rolled around her face nearly falling.
"Don't go in there" i said harshly before i finished calculating my thoughts.

"S.. sorry" she apologized wide-eyed, i guess she is equally as surprised.

My conscience change from anger to confusion as i recognized the girl to be Noor, our adopted sister.
"Wait, what are you doing here?" I asked staring at her.

"I.. i... Well... Uhm.. that.." she stutter frightened.

Maybe i scare her but i wouldn't mind if i did, why was she here spying into my rooms anyway?. Was Zahra true about her when she said she used to bummed into people's room without permission? Was she really just doing that or was she a spy?

"You what? Well what? That what?" I shouted angry at that thought that she might be a spy. But if she was.. who send her?

"I just got lost, i was going to Lailah's place and accidentally ended up in yours" she lied perfectly, tears rushing down from her eyes.

Crocodile tears. I spat.

"It wasn't like there were 100 doors on this wing. It's just one, two, three. Kaleem, Khaleel and Habeeb. there's nothing to be confused about" i informed her, "so tell me the truth, why are you here? Did someone send you to spy on us?" I threatened stepping closer towards her but she kept stepping back and i like that, i want to scare the hell out of her so that she will tell me the truth instantly, but she just kept crying, now coming out with a sound.
"If you don't want anything to happen to you then you have to answer me Noor!, who send you to spy on us?" i asked again between gritting teeth.

"Who do i even have in this world to make me risk my life just to spy on you?" She tried to shout but her voice kept low.

Too late, Lailah already heard me shouting from her room, so she hurried over and let herself in because the door was already opened. She stood by the door in her long sewn hijab that she hadn't removed from praying, watching the situation i and Noor were in, and Noor continued speaking.
"I just thought i could see something good out of your painting that's why i eagerly let my way in here looking for it, because she informed me you don't like having anyone over" she said pointing at Lailah. "That's why i took my chance to sneak in when you are not inside just to peek at it" she confessed.
"I wasn't spying or anything"

I stayed quiet not knowing what to say next, she came here just to see a painting? Really?.

"I'm really sorry for causing a scene" she says and walked to the door, she left along with Lailah shutting the door behind them.

I walked down the stairs into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, i snap open the lid and sat on the coffee table then put it to my lips not bothering to use a glass, after two huge gulfs i almost drank it halfway, i set the bottle back on the table exhaling.

I'm still confused, i can't decide weather to trust her words or not, she seems weird from the start. I've never seen nor met anyone as reckless and stupid as Noor, i just can't get myself to believe she's just plain stupid girl who can't differentiate between right and wrong. There must be hidden motives behind her earlier actions.