chapter 5

Yusuf's POV

He who's the best amongst people, is he, who never forgets the favours done upon him. And he who always rewards good for good and good for evil.

But I'm not any of this, i slacked, i disapponted the one who loved and treasure me at my worst. I failed, i failed deliberately!.

I swallowed as i tucked my hands in my pocket slowing down a bit as i noticed people attention were turned to me because i was almost jogging, lost in thoughts.

Oh he's so handsome.
what a nice skin and a nice hair!
He must be fulani, he's cute and hot at the same time aww.
Do you think he's a student here?

I did not even look at the whispering girls side, I don't have time for this. I could feel my palms sweating and i bit my lips several times off nervousness.
I felt the urge to come back and correct things that I've ruined while I was away, but I'm very scared and nervous now, I don't even know how to start or where.

I calm myself as i reached the lecture room, I can't enter like this, my problems are for me not for others, i should know how to solve them myself.

I faked a smile and murmured an 'Assalamu alaikum' underneath my breath before i entered. I stood in front of the Hall observing the students, some where wandering about, some standing, and some sitting. And there was a handful of noise coming from every corner.

I slid my hand into my pocket and brought out an identification card, then put it around my neck before i cleared my throat.

They turned their attention to me and everyone is seated in an instant, they then chorused 'Good morning sir'

I dropped my briefcase on the table as i returned with 'Morning...'
I felt chills and goosebumps, i felt someone's gaze in my body, but it's obvious because everyone else's eyes is on me.

I started inspecting them one after another as i started introducing myself.
"I'm the new GNS professor, my name is Yusuf Lamiɗ...."

I froze, wide-eyed and swallowed as i set my eyes on her. She eyed me like she will kill me right away if she got the chance, anger, frustration and hatred filled her gaze. It took me less than a second to recognize her though she changed alot.
Husnah? It's her. That means i will get to see Noor through her easily.

"My name is Yusuf Lamiɗo" i completed smile escaping my lips, but i dung my head down so they won't notice it, but I'm sure, with the way Husnah is staring at me she must have noticed. I just hope I will convince her easily, so she will forgive me and take me to Noor.

"You are welcome sir" they chorused again and i smiled wide.

"Thank you" i returned. And the lecture continued.

She's walking very fast, i might lost her sight if i decide to wait till we arrived at a less crowded area, i have to talk to her now before she meets Noor or i forget about earning forgiveness from Noor because Husnah can be very cunning when it comes to her bestfriend.

I walk past her and stood in front of her breathing fast.
"Please Husnah listen to me"

"How dare you show your face in front of me again Yusuf?!" She spat between gritting teeth.

I opened my mouth to explain myself when she turned and left, i sighed looking at the people whose full attention were on us, i have a reputation to hold here, but i have a life to chase, so i must lose one to get the other.
and with that thought, i ran after her.

"Husnah please wait, i beg you" i said putting a hand on my chest, panting. While the other hand hold the edge of her hijab to stop her from running again. "You can vent your anger on me all you like. slap me or hit me if that'll make you cool down, but please listen to me this once."