chapter 44

NOOR

I'm currently sitting on husnah's bed waiting for my dilke to dry off. I stare at my reflection in the mirror, the change in my body is evident, but i wonder if Kaleem will notice and appreciate it. I even wonder how our lives will be after marriage, how we are going to live with each other and treat each other.

Will we still be like the older brother and younger sister that we use to be? Or will we be more like friends? I don't want to be greedy but i will prefer it if our relationship will change to love and we become affectionate towards each other, if we will care about each other's well-being, sleep in the same bed and eat from the same plate. That's all i need right now.

I know I'm expecting too much and will definitely get disappointed because Kaleem doesn't have feelings for me, he doesn't love me. We are getting married for some reason and i know better than to mistook it for love.

I sighed looking down at my phone. I now wonder what he wanted to tell me yesterday but didn't get a chance to because of Hudah.

"Maybe I should ask him about it over the phone" i debated.
I shook my head "No, maybe he's still angry about what she said to him yesterday, i should wait until when he's ready to tell me about it" i agreed.

"Who are you talking to?" Asked Lailah from behind.

I quickly turned smiling. "Oh Nimrah's momma, welcome" i gave her a brief hug careful not to spoil her cloth with dilka.

"Aww look at my gorgeous glowing sister in-law" she puts her hand under my chin admiring my skin.

I blushed. "When did you arrived? And where's my daughter?"

She sat down beside me before she answered. "Just now, we brought your wedding boxes that's why i left Nimrah at my parents."

"Really? You've already arrange wedding boxes for me in just 2 days? I thought maybe i will receive it after the wedding because it's late"

She roll her eyes "my family will never allow that, it has reputation to hold you know. When there's enough money, nothing is impossible".

I put my mouth in a straight line, nodding at my brother's wife's show off. "Your family is incredible" i commented sarcastically.

She laughed "don't you want to know how many boxes we brought?"

"How many?"

She raised 5 fingers.

"5?" I asked.

She shook her head "Haram! 50! plus a new car gifted by the groom's father"

"50? And a car?!!!" I almost shouted flabbergasted.

"Is it not enough? Do you need more?" She joked but i was too shocked to heed. What am i going to do with 50 luggages/suitcases stacked with clothes and accessories?.

"10 of it are for your parents as per the custom now it will be for your uncles" she explained.

"Still, 40 boxes is too much"

"It's your husband's doing, he wants to show the world how much he loves his wife"

"TO-BE" i correct like Yusuf did to Kaleem yesterday.

"Whatever" Lailah stood up, "let me go and continue watching and counting how much you worth, because i didn't get to do so when the boxes were brought home yesterday" she waved at me and left the room living me alone again.

And I'm now starting to wonder what my uncles will give Kaleem's family as gift for receiving the boxes, i pray that they will not disappoint them.

......