chapter 61

NOOR

Sunday
7:42am

I woke up early And ready for the day while Kaleem is still sleeping as always. He's not a morning person on weekends because he makes habit in creating activities late at night. We either chill in our temporary bedroom or he reduce some office work if i don't cooperate with him, so i literally sleep before him every night and woke up before him every morning too.

I washed the bathroom after i had taken my bath, then cleaned the room not caring if the sound from the vacuum cleaner is disturbing him cause he keeps groaning. After I'm done i then and went to the kitchen to help Lailah make breakfast now that Zahra is not there.

I came back to our room by 10:39 and Kaleem is still asleep!.

"Knock... Knock! Helllooo.." i rub my palm all over his face knowing that it really annoys him when i do that.

He pulled the thick duvet over his head hissing under his breath. I smirked and hop on the bed, then slid my body under the duvet and got my mouth close to his ears.
"Rise and shine baby, good morning! Our flight is in 3 hours and you haven't packed Yet. Should we postpone it to next week?"

"Do you want me to lose my job?" He mumbled and rolled away from me.

"You're the CEO remember?" I moved closer to him again.

"You think mother can't still fire me?" He rolled away from me again, not knowing that he's now at the edge of the bed.

"If that's the case then rise and shine as i said" i pushed him and he fall hard on the ground, accidentally bumping his head against the bedside table.

The sleep instantly leave his eyes successfully but unfortunately he's now rubbing his forehead in pain.

I quickly get down and sat next to him on the floor.
"Sorry baby K, that wasn't intentional" i started rubbing the spot for him.

"you are wicked!" He said in a pout.

I tried to eat my laughter because he seriously look cute doing that "i know. But it's an accident and I'm sorry"

"You will get into an accident... Like this one and also feel the same pain i felt right now"

"Really? You are hoping for that? Then i will get into a bigger accident... A VERY BIG ONE, And you will miss me"

He shook his head in instant regret. "no, I'm going back on my words alright? You're not getting into any accident insha Allah. and even if you are to, I would like it to befall on me instead, I can't tolerate seeing you hurt even a bit Noor. If there's a secret that I have to tell you is that you're my biggest weakness. I don't want my faith to be tested with you"

Instead of feeling comforted by his words, strangely. I feel like a lump is now placed inside my throat.
"Nothing is going to happen to any of us then" i smile reassuringly, and stood up offering him my right hand "now rise up and shine"

"I wonder what kind of shining you are talking about" he chuckled.

.....

"When are you returning?"

I glance at Kaleem walking beside me his arm locked into mine and his full attention is on because he wants to hear how my conversation with Husnah will come to a conclusion.
Actually, one of his friends from our wedding has been bothering him for long to get him her number, but he was too busy to mind him although he thought he wasn't serious when he first talk about marrying another wife. But he now can't endure his frequent calls and pleadings, that's why he makes me call and speak to her about it before our flight took off. Like we're not going to meet her in Nigeria!.