Chapter 18

Noor

I remember telling Aneel, Kaleem's friend that i was interested in painting when i was little. But my dreams are too far from reaching reality because I came from a poor background and attended government school, so our school couldn't afford the materials that will help us put our talents into action.
But i never told him to ask Kaleem teach me how to paint!.

"Just leave it Ya Aneel" i said letting go of the portrait that seemed of a person very dear to Kaleem, which is the Yasmeenah i wish to know about. The Yasmeenah that everyone's talking about.

"No Noor, don't worry. You will never find a teacher like him in the whole Nigeria i assure you that" he winks and i smiled. I know he's trying to persuade Kaleem to the extent that he cannot reject his request. And i would love to be an artist one day, to learn from Kaleem or someone else, I just want to learn how to paint though I'm studying a science course in college.

"I can't" he said sternly.

"Then i would leave as you told me to, and i will never return" Aneel replied in a similar manner.

If I'm not mistaking, Kaleem and Aneel had a fight and Kaleem is on the wrong side, so in order for them to be on good terms again, Aneel is asking Kaleem to favor me so he can forgive him. I think I'm right.

"Fine!" Kaleem sighed, "she can start coming tomorrow, but don't disturb me again today, I don't want to see you in my apartment again. You can now give us some privacy"

My subconscious was dancing from joy when he was scolding me. Finally!. Finally I will get to learn how to paint. My forgotten dream is about to come true.

"Yes i will not disturb you again, i even came just to drop your breakfast, it's in your kitchen downstairs"

He nods.

"Then i will take my leave, thank you so much" he just blink at me with zero expression so i moved closer to Aneel like i will jump into him but he didn't move back on seeing that, it's like he's ready for the worst but luckily i was able to resist so i stood back a little.

"Thanks so much Ya Aneel, you really don't know how this means to me, thanks alot from the bottom of my heart"

He grins "it's ok Noor. You just owe me a favor so when I come to you someday, i hope you will repay my favor".

I smiled awkwardly "i doubt if you will ever need something from me who have nothing. But if you ever find something i could give, please don't hesitate to come and ask"

"Deal" he said bringing his phone forward. Understanding what he meant, i also brought my own and hit it against his own a little bit hard. We both quickly check our screens to see if it crack and thankfully the expensive iPhones are still in good shape. We look at each other and start laughing awkwardly. Ya rabb, i already like Aneel.

We just heard Kaleem hissed and burst out of the room.
"What's wrong with his mood?" I ask loud unknowingly.

"He's always like that" Aneel answered gazing at the door.

"Oh, mr bipolar" i sighed.

Aneel chuckled "yeah that's his pet name" he said and we both laugh.
"Let me check on your wound before i leave"

"Okay let me bring the first-aid kit" i said and left the room as Aneel nods and find a seat for himself.

I met Zahra on the door, it was unexpected so i paused before I placed a wide smile on my lips.
"Good morning aunty Zahra" i said grinning.

She scrunch her face in annoyance "can you please act a little bit mature?"

I quickly wear off the grin and replace it with flat lips and a little pout as her words hurt my pride.

"And what took you there?" She points at Kaleem's door.

"Oh i went to keep ya Kaleem's breakfast"

"Hmm, isn't Aneel also inside?"

"He is, i even met him"

"You met him? Why?" She half shout, frightened and i got surprised, what's wrong with me meeting Aneel?"

"We just talk about something you don't need to know" i remark rudely and left the stage, for the first time i thought Zahra was crossing the line, why would she want details on my personal matters when she's not even nice to me?

When i returned Zahra was sitting on a chair opposite to Aneel's and they were saying something but she kept shut when she saw me and throw me a disgusting look.

"You're back?" Said Aneel with a smile and i struggle to return it with Zahra's deadly looks radiating through me.

"Yh... Yeah, here's the first-aid kit"

"Fatimah i ought to work" he says to Zahra.

"But yahneel you can't involve yourself in this, it's really dangerous" she begs concerned.

"Don't worry I'm a man, i have my ways" he smiles reassuringly. I have no idea what what they are talking about.

"Come and sit here Noor" Aneel showed the seat next to him and Zahra frowns.

"Why so close yahneel? She can seat where I'm sitting, i will leave the room for you guys but don't allow her close to you" she scolded and left. It's like she's jealous or she's just overprotective. Whatever I don't care, she can eat her Yahneel or whatsoever, i also have yahsuf (yah+Yusuf) *wink.

"How did you get hurt?" He asked as he removes the bandage covering my bruises.

"Should I tell or should I not?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"I'm your doctor, you can tell me everything so that i will know how to treat your wound better"

"Ok" i nodded and quickly winced as his fingers painfully brushes the wound "that hurts" i said with my eyes closed.

"Since when did you have these bruises? They are as fresh as new, are you not getting it dressed by your nurse?"

I pouted "ow, her own is more painful than yours, it used to hurt alot so i use to skip the dressing. And i got wounded just a day before yesterday"

"How?" He asked looking straight into my eyes.

"Well.. um.. it's Habeeb, it was an accident, he didn't mean to hurt me with the glass, i arrived at the scene unexpected so.."

"You are just trying to depend him, even though it's an accident but he hurts you nevertheless. Did he apologized?"

I shook my head "no".

"Huh, i know Habeeb is not an apologizing type of person, he's just like Kaleem, they rather pay with all they have than to just apologise, but you should make him apologise to you".

I smirked "that's interesting, then i will surely make him apologise to me"

Aneel's eyes widened in excitement "if you do that, i promise to come everyday and dress your wound less painfully, for free".

Good afternoon everyone
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Ummu Najma 🥰