chapter 13

Noor's POV

Hatred causes pain always, but i never know that love will cause more greater pain. I've finally understand that the Ali Omar's pain is their love, their weakness is their love and their hatred is their love. But a forbidden love.

I'm dying to know what happened 2 years back, the incident that no one wants to talk about, The reason for their separation as a family despite the greater love they have for each other. And despite having all the wealth one needs in life. But I didn't ask further because Lailah suddenly broke down, and she's been crying for over 2 hours now, I'm scared she might end up getting a headache.

"It's ok Lailah" i assured her caressing her flamy red cheeks that she gets from crying hard. "What's bound to happen must happened, that's our family's fate, we must never be 100 percent contented and everything will be alright once again"

She use a tissue paper i handed her to wipe her runny nose then looked at me with her bloodshot eyes. "It's all my fault Noor, had i not forced myself on Khaleel and betrayed Habeeb that incident surely wouldn't have happened. Had mother knows that i caused all this mess she would have kicked me out of her house the next day, but they all choose to be at each other's nerves just to keep me safe, I'm responsible for Yasmeenah not Kaleem and I'm responsible for Kaleem's everlasting pain not Habeeb. I'm a horrible person Noor, I'm really horrible"

Finally it's coming to light. who is Yasmeenah?! What happened to her? Why would Lailah blame herself for her? I'm hoping for Lailah to narrate about that incident to me but her ringing phone stopped her and i silently hissed in annoyance.

"Hi babe" she greeted trying her best to sound normal.

"No, nothing happened i just choke on water" she lied when he ask and clears her throat.

She listens to him speaking for some minutes before she burst out crying again and lays down on her back placing her free hand on her face and crying bitterly.

"Innalillahi wa inna ilaihirraji'un, why didn't you tell me that untill now ya Khaleel, what do you want me to do with my life if something happens to you? You are all i and Nimrah have please"

Hearing that, i quickly lie on the bed too and snached the phone from her grip and put it on speaker.

"I will be fine lailoo, i just don't have the courage to tell you in person, i know i am a failure but i will try my best to fight it this time, with Allah's help.. i shall surely succeed. I will get myself out of the hospital very soon insha Allah, Noor's kidney will continue saving my life, pray for me that it should not fail."

She continued crying hard unable to say anything and when i understand what his words means tears were already streaming down my face and i forced my palms on my mouth to stop the sound from coming out, Khaleel shouldn't know that I know about the kidney i donate to him failing again. He wouldn't want me to know but i already did.

"Please don't tell anyone about it babe, please, you are supposed to know but they aren't."

"Why must we keep everything a secret yah Khaleel," she whispers broken, "we are all family aren't we? Why must I keep you a secret? Why must i hide my pain? You are my greatest pain and my greatest strength, you are me yah Khaleel I'm nothing without you. Please don't make me lose you"

"I will be fine lailoo, i promise"

She couldn't say anything more, she just keep crying and so do I, i am not expecting any of this things, everything just kept falling into pieces, I'm not happy in this mansion and no one is.

"Let's go to the hospital" i said wiping away my tears and grabbing Lailah's hand to drag her out of the bed, i pushed her to the toilet to wash her face as it looks a mess. It's past 1am so we have to sneak out.

When we head downstairs we heard some sounds and mother's voice sobbing. Has she found out about Khaleel already? We both rush to where she stood crying with a phone on her hand trying someone's number.

"What Happened mother?" Lailah dared to ask.

"It's Kaleem he's not back home yet and his phone is not reachable i just hope something bad didn't happen to him I'm really worried Lailah" she explained in a single breath.

I'm really concerned about Khaleel but i manage to roll my eyes, i mean Khaleel is not a kid, he's over 30 yrs why would she mind if he stayed out? although he shouldn't, but he could.

"Oh Allah!" was Lailah's reply and i swear i heard her gasping, she sounded really worried and was about to cry again. "Ya Allah, i just hope he's fine where ever he is right now. Ya Allah keep him safe"

"Ameen" mother replied sobbing.

"Doesn't he have friends? Did you contact his friends?" I chirped in. I know i sounded ridiculous for an adult but seeing their worried faces i also became concerned.

"Oh Yes let me call Aneel, i just hope they are together" she answered dialling a number that i guess to be Aneel's.

"Hello Aneel, is Kaleem with you?" She says immediately as he picked up.

"Oh alhamdulillah, is he alright?"

She stayed silent listening to him and she sighed.

"Ok please come home right away, you shouldn't be staying out this late, you really got me worried" she instruct and end the call, just as Habeeb thunders into the living room.

"He's not at work mother" he said panting. He as well looks and sounded worried.

"Don't worry we've found him, he's with Aneel, they are coming back soon"

"Oh Thank god" he sighed sitting down, he looks exhausted.

She turned to us and smiled. "You can all go back and sleep, and thanks Habeeb" she finished placing her hand over his shoulder. he smiles reassuringly and left for his room.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Yasmeenah is the new topic of discussion i guess, who's Yasmeenah, and why didn't anyone wants to talk about Yasmeenah?why didn't I want to talk about Yasmeenah 😅🤷

Much love ❤️
Ummu Najma 🥰