chapter 6

Dedicated to @AishaAbubakar970
Thanks for all your nice comments and votes❤️

Yusuf's POV

Allah never burden a soul with something that's beyond his power, we sometimes drag misfortunes upon ourselves and forget to ask Allah to ease our problems thinking we can handle it and solve it without his help.

Had i prayed to Allah and submit everything to his will at that time, maybe i would still be with Noor, maybe we would still be Happy together, maybe even married with a kid. I want someone to explode to and vent out all my anger on him like i used to do with Noor in old times.

She would calm me down and tell me everything is okay, then i would cry in front of her without any shame, and she will tell me all nice words till I'm perfectly alright.

"He's dead" i yelled.

"Who's dead?" She asked unaffected.

"My son. his mother tried to poisoned me but, he consume the poison instead" i explained lips shivering.

"What?"

"She want to claim my wealth that i will inherit from my father, and keep it for herself and her son, so she poisoned my juice and i unknowingly fed it to my 2 years old boy. He died and she was imprisoned".

I know she felt bad for me, i know my Noor is still the same, kind hearted as always.
She looked down on the floor tile, probably contemplating whether to take my words at heart or not. She looked up at me a minute later.

"I feel bad for you" she said pouting, trying to not get affected by my eyes "but please don't change the topic. Why are you here? What do you want?" She asked again.

I moved a little closer "Noor please..." But she cut in before i finished.

"Noor please leave me alone, I don't need you in my life anymore" she said bitterly "that's what you've said 4 years ago, remember?"

"Noor listen. I know really well that I've made a mistake...."

"Meeting you was a mistake, i liked nothing in this ill-fated relationship i shared with you, i thought it will be fun atleast, but it wasn't. You've said that too Yusuf." she cut in again.

My eyes started shining from tears, I can't bear to hear this words from her with so much hatred, it hurts. How had she felt while i was saying the same?.

"Noor!" I pleaded.

"You are nothing but a gold digger, i played you this whole time and you fall for it" she laughed humourlessly, "do you think i meant it when i said that i will propose to you today? How pathetic!" She shook her head like i did "Look Noor..."

I tilted my head away from her because she's going to drop the bomb now, the heartbreaking news and i always remembered how i said it in an arrogant manner.

I tucked my hands in my pocket, then looked at her disgustingly while she was already crying. I sighed.
"Look Noor, i had never imagined my future with such a lowly-life like you, i actually wanted to have fun with you, as in to sleep with you but you always refused, i follow your lead so i could take advantage of you but you are so stingy for lust, and you wanted marriage but i never wanted that. Even if I'm getting married now, it Should be with someone from a wealthy family, a classy lady who's ten times more beautiful. So just get lost, please!"

I turned to leave, but she stopped me by grabbing my arm and in no time she was on her knees, crying.
"Please don't leave Yusuf, i know whatever you are saying is a lie, there's just a misunderstanding right? So cool down and let's talk things out".