chapter 17

Kaleem's POV

"Why do you keep staring at me" she asked shyly keeping her gaze down.

"You are just looking so beautiful in pink. If there's a way to stop you from wearing that nurse's uniform, i would do it even if that means we are getting married right away so that you will always be wearing pink for me"

She blushed and look away, Even i was surprised that i could talk that much. Long sentences gives me headache but today because of a girl, I'm enjoying it.

"Thanks for the compliment, but we haven't known each other for long, how could you talk about marriage now?" She started picking at her fingers.
"And i didn't even know you well"

"You will get to know me after we are married, i promise you I'm a good guy" i said and she smiles.

"This is our second meeting, I can't even remember your name" she said laughing softly.

I got lost staring at her well arranged teeth, Yasmeenah is all i want and more. "You just broke my heart" i said shifting a little closer to her with my hands on my heart. "I will tell you once more but if you forget it again, you have to compensate by marrying me at the instant" she opened her eyes wide in reaction to my joke and i raised an eyebrow, she quickly averted her gaze from me smiling.
"So my name is Yasmeenah's kaleemullah"
______________________

Keep keeping your bed for Yasmeenah until you die on it.

I throw my favorite painting of Yasmeenah in the trash bin as aneel's words kept hunting me.
Is it true that I'm holding onto her memories unnecessarily and not letting myself move on with my life?
I'm responsible for her death and i escaped punishment, so it's not fair to just forget about her and continue living like nothing happened.

I removed the dirty apron from paints and also throw it in the trash, then let my way to my bedroom, I've spent half of the night painting so as to subside my anger but anytime Aneel's words flashes on my brain i feel angry for destroying my Yasmeenah's life. I really deserve to be lonely like this for the rest of my life. With no external comfort or a shoulder to cry on.

I entered the shower with my full clothing and allow the cold water to drench me completely. I feel lost and numb, i shouldn't have treated Aneel that way too. He's the only friend that's always there for me and moreover he's telling the truth. I'm keeping my bed, heart, soul and body for Yasmeenah. I'm afraid of hurting her feelings by bringing another woman into my life.

I've spent half an hour in the shower before I removed my clothes and bath properly feeling a severe pain of migraine. I step out of the bathroom in a bathrobe and directly went for my naproxen. I hadn't even swallowed the pill when I heard a crashing sound from the living room.

Running as fast as i could, i ran out of my bedroom to the direction where i heard the sound coming from. Aneel and Noor stood across each other, they froze as they set their eyes on me.

"Is that Yasmeenah's portrait you broke?" I ask coldly glaring at Noor who held the edge of the portrait while Aneel hold most of it.

"Sorry Kaleem, it was an accident" said Aneel.

"An accident?" I asked surprised. Was he trying to depend Noor? A spy?.

"Yeah i broke it's glass accidentally as i was trying to collect it back from Noor" Aneel answered again and Noor just stayed mute.

"What? How did she get my Yasmeenah's portrait under her possession?" I asked confused.

"I was the one who gave it to her, i found it in the trash bin so i thought you don't want it anymore".

"What?!.. but.."

He put his lips between his fingers for a second as indication for keeping silent before he spoke "don't worry, i hadn't said anything. She just told me she's interested in painting so i gave it as a gift..."

"Oh" i exhaled deeply feeling relieved that my secrets wasn't revealed to a spy, i would've been done for, even so Noor isn't eligible to possess my dear Yasmeenah's portrait.

"And I'm requesting as your friend, as a compensation for what you did to me yesterday, i want you to be her tutor. Teach Noor how to paint if you want me to forgive you."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I'm really sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. Something tragic hv been happening with your girl, so i want you to please involve me in your prayers even once 'may Allah ease all our worries'. As for 'my lifeline' i will publish another chapter tomorrow morning cause i can't deny this one's too short 😁.