chapter 27

Kaleem's POV

"You can sit down" i said to Noor gesturing at the first chair i arranged for us with a smile on my face.

She stood up and walk towards the chair, but i stopped her as she was about to sit "can't you say thank you when someone decided to accept your greetings?" I asked scowling.

She sighed frustrated and the look on her face gave away that she was about to cry. "Thank you" she mumbled.

I know I've teased her enough for the day that's why i just nod and didn't complain further allowing her to sit comfortably.

I started our class by showing her the basic brushes and pencils, and telling her the basic guidelines to drawing and painting. I'm actually glad that she seemed really interested in the class as she's giving me her 100% attention, else this would have been our first and last class.

After i finished explaining everything i allowed her to come forward and draw anything that comes to her mind using the guidelines i just mentioned to her.

.....

She was immersed in the euphoria of her own drawing, she's giving her all trying to make it perfect in her own way and i was lost staring at her smiling face. She's slowly getting beautiful in my eyes, I'm finding her more attractive as days goes by, Ya Allah! What's happening to me?!.

She raised her head for the first time since she started drawing and looked up at me and our eyes met, she looked really happy and she keeps smiling.
Does art really means this much to her?.

She quickly dung her head down after we stared at each other for about 5 seconds and i cleared my throat slightly embarrassed.

"Umm.. Noor" i called.

"Yes?" She answered raising her head once again.

"Why did you break up with Yusuf?" I surprised her and myself by asking, I'm really curious to know why that averagely handsome career guy is chasing after her while she kept pushing him away.

"Oh..." She gave out an anxious Laugh "why did you ask?"

I suddenly pull a face as a shield from my emotions, I don't want her to look at it like I'm interested in her life or whatever. I'm just being responsible for her that's all.

"It's okay if you don't want to answer" i said turning my attention to the piece of blank paper in my hand.

"No!" She exclaimed "it's ok i will tell you" she declared and i mentally turned all my attention to her while physical, i continued to stare at a blank paper.

"Well... How am I going to put it?" She debated. "We started from being bestfriends when i was young, to dating when i was still young, and he dump me when i became an adult" she finished nodding, indicating that her explanation was clear but it got me more confused.

"What?" I asked confused, "how can you became bestfriends with an adult while you were a kid?"

"It just happened, we have the same mentality at the time because Yusuf also acted like a kid i can't deny" she smiled upon mentioning his name and i felt like something very heavy is placed on my chest. How can you smile because of someone who dumped you?

"And you broke up when you were?" I asked further swallowing.

"16... He got married and went to London for his masters degree"

"What?!!" I almost shouted frightened.

"How can you date someone at such a young age? Are you crazy?"

"Haven't you heard of young love?"

"Do you still love him?" I asked feeling my throat suddenly getting dry.

"Maybe" she answered in an i don't care tone.

"You better not" i warned glaring at her and she just raised her eyebrows in confusion. "What about his wife then?" I continued.

"She was imprisoned for murdering her child while she was trying to poison him"

"Ohh!" I gasp "that's pathetic" i commented.

"Yeah it is" Noor agrees nodding.

"So he already had a child? The guy is old" i giggled.

"Yes, but much younger than you" she surprised me by saying. "He's just 25"

I pulled a frown again quickly changing the topic ."Let me see what you have drawn"

"Ok" she answered and handed me the board with a paper containing her drawing spread on it.

My eyes widened upon seeing what she has drawn. "What's this?" I scoffed.

"A heart" she answered. "A heart in a sky" she pointed at the blank paper side she assumed to be cloud or what? I don't know.

"If it's a heart then where are the veins and arterium?" I growled hitting the paper with my index finger.

"If it's not a heart then what is it called?" She complained pouting, nonchalant.

"You drew a love shape Noor! A love shape!! This was never a heart. Why did you even drew something as ridiculous as this. I thought we are moving to colors and paints today that's why i even made you wear an apron" i rant completely annoyed.

"but You are the one that asked me to draw whatever comes to my mind" she complained still pouting.

"If you don't stop doing this with your mouth wallah i will...."

I didn't get to finish my sentence when Lailah came hurrying to us holding baby Nimrah by her shoulder. Seeing how disturbed she looks we also grew worried and Noor approach her before she even reached us.

"What's happening Lailah?"asked Noor.

"Father wants to see you in his guest parlour"

"Why? What happened?" She asked anxious.

"Did you send someone to come and ask for your hand?"

"Which kind of my hand?"

"Your hand in marriage stupid!" She shouted scaring Nimrah who was sleeping and Noor's eyes widened to the size of sky scrapers.
"Someone sends his parents to father to ask for permission for their son to seek for your hand in marriage, that's why he wants to know your opinion"

That person must be none other than Yusuf!

I suddenly remembered our earlier conversation with Yusuf at the campus when I told him that the relationship between him and Noor is prohibited at School.

"I will secure it" that was his reply.

So he meant he will secure it by marrying Noor and making her his lawfully?

Before Lailah could finish Noor was already running inside screaming "Yusuf how could you do this to meee!!!"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Good morning 🥰