chapter 36

NOOR

The music, food, snacks, drinks, decorations, flowers, burning perfumes, strong luxury scent, the sound of girls giggling, kids dancing near the DJ aunty. gives the best mood for the bride's henna ceremony (sakun lallen amarya). It's a girls only party so almost everyone is not in her hijab, But i have my cap on.

There were 6 of us seated on a carpet, comforting our elbows with numerous throw pillows around a small table that sat the henna paste and cones.

Zahra's untied hair falls on her shoulders, and i stared at it in awe and wonder. I don't have such a long hair. mine stops under my neck when loose and it makes a small bun when tied.
Will yah Kaleem still love me when he realizes I don't have long hair? Will he abandon me then? Wait he doesn't even like me what am i thinking?!

"Noor where are you lost?" Zahra's voice brought me out of my daze.

"Hmm? What?"

"The henna Artist is asking about the design you will like"

I looked down at my hand which the artist is holding, then look up at her face and smiled.
"Just draw anything you like, i bet it'll still look good since you are a professional"

She smiled back before she starts her work.

"You actually look down, like you are not yourself these days" Zahra spoke again.

It's because of your brother! His love is breaking me down. I said mentally.

"Was i anything better?" I asked forcing a grin.

"Well... you were all elated, and eager and jovial at the governor's son's wedding. But right now i just can't find your enthusiasm and your blithe spirit that always makes the mood lively. Or don't you like the events we planned?"

"No no!! That's not it, the events were unique And I'm sure it will be fun"

"Then were you still worried about what Innah said earlier? If yes then please put your mind at ease because that's just how she is. She's a nosy old woman living in a different generation that's why she became obnoxious and persistent."

She pulled her hand away and adjust her sitting position before she hand it back to the henna Artist and continued.

"Let me tell you this: she even planned an arranged business wedding for yah Kaleem 2 years ago, and only informed all of us about it a week before the due date..." My eyes bulge upon hearing this.

This is serious! If the wedding has pushed through Then i would've been trying to be his second wife?! It's not Haram but i wouldn't like it that way.

".... But fortunately, an incident happened and deleted that plan" she added.

"What kind of incident?" I found myself asking.

"A terrible one" she answered.

I wanted to ask if he was dating Yasmeenah at that time, but i know better than to mention her in public so i just keep shut.

"Speaking of yaya Kaleem, where is he? I hadn't met him in forever. " Asked one of Zahra's friends.

"He either left for work or he's working from home today also, he was with your mother a while ago"

"I hope they were talking about my marriage" she rhyme flapping her eyebrows.

"What? You're getting married Ameerah?" Asked another friend.

She rolled her eyes "yass"

"When? To whom?" Asked Zahra.

"Very soon, and to my cousin brother kaleemullah, They are planning an arranged marriage for us"

I panicked "what?!" My eyes bulging out of their sockets.

"Chill girl, I'm just kidding" she said with her hand on my shoulder "but it'll be nice to have me as a sister in law, I'm a very nice woman I'll be talking you out for ice cream every weekend" she added and they all laughed, but i really didn't find it funny, and somehow doesn't feel like she's joking at all. I mean with inna around she could be planning to get him married again.

"You are too old for my brother" commented Zahra, still laughing.

"I have no interest in him either. He's too grumpy for his own good" she sneered.

Then turned to me again "But seriously if you can manage to get me close to him Noor, i will agree to marry him"

I should act fast, else i might lose Kaleem to this leech. But how am i going to do it???

.....

It's past 2pm and the place is now filled with people, eating, laughing and dancing.

The grooms family are also here so they took Zahra from us after she has washed off her henna. mother dressed her in a blue silk laffaya before they went to wash her hair on stage and groom her henna with tons of perfumes.

I insisted that I'm not going to dance but that obnoxious Ameerah drag me to the stage forcing me to dance.

"I really don't know how to dance" i whined.

"Then i will teach you" she started shaking me vigorously.

"Ughh... I.. i need to pee please" i hurried inside after i manage to escape her captivity.

......

"You know i was looking for you don't you?" Kaleem spoke from behind me.

I turned to look at his scowling face and shook my head "no nobody told me"

"Then why are you coming inside now?"

"Umm... I was going to my room to do something"

He nodded "ok seat, let's talk first" he pointed at the couch behind me.

I did as he said and he also sat opposite to me, hesitating before he spoke.

"Noor let's get married" he stated bluntly Looking straight into my eyes.

I froze!.
My heart froze!
My brain froze!!
My whole body froze!!!
The whole world went blank for a moment before i could figure out what the hell was happening here.

I stood up abruptly when realization hit me.

"Yah Kaleem are you crazy?" I whispered in disbelief, because I can't even get my brain to yell or shout.

"No, but i will soon go crazy if this marriage won't happen. Let's get married in the next 3 days together with Aneel and Zahra!"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Who saw that coming???😏

Ummu Najma 🥰