chapter 64

NOORULKALEEM

"..... She needs a mother at this moment and i want to be a mother for her" i tightened my grip around his shoulders. "Please! allow me baby K"

He pats my head and run his hand down to my back hugging me properly. "I promise you this Noorie, HIDAYA will be ours. We, together will cherish and love her till we turned old and grey haired"

"Thank you" i whisper in tears, suddenly remembering my mom.
I will never allow you to go through what i went through Hidaya, i will make sure you won't understand what the word 'orphan' means.

.....
I'm currently sitting beside Hidaya feeding her. She eats very little and refused to take more.

"Hidaya baby, baki son abincin ne?(don't you like the food?)"

She shook her head slowly "A'a a koti{na ƙoshi} (no, I'm full)"

"Amman baki ci da yawa ba (but You didn't eat enough)"

She didn't reply and just lean on me. I put down the plate and turned to her, lifting her head up i asked.
"Hidaya kina so ki bini gida? (Do you want to come home with me?)"

She nodded "eh (yes)"

I smiled, "kina so in zama mamanki wannan kuma babanki?(do you want me to be your mom and this your dad?)" I pointed at Kaleem sitting opposite to us on a couch.

She quickly hide herself behind me, and shook her head "A'a a colo{ina tsoro}(no, I'm scared)"

"Baban ki ne shi, ba zai miki komai ba. (He's your father, he won't hurt you)"

"Noo..." She burst out crying, so Kaleem just stood up and walk outside.

.....

"We have to do something to make her become comfortable with you baby K, so that we could get her custody easily. But with the way she's acting now, I'm also scared" i fold my hand into a fist, blinking rapidly, fighting the urge to cry.

I don't know why but I find it really easy to cry these days especially when it's because of Hidaya or when Kaleem or Aneel simply mention medium brother, i will cry untill my face get swollen.

"Let's take things slowly Noorie. She's a kid and she's gone through alot not long ago, so it will take a while for her to cope."

"But i want to take her home with us" i let the tears fall on my cheeks. "I can't leave her alone here and go. What if something happens to her again?"

He place his hands on my shoulder and bend to my height "Don't be a weak mother Noorie. Nothing will happen, i will make sure of that"

I raised my red eyes and look into his that always says 'you can count on me' "I trust you" i smile at him and wipe my tears.

He smiled back. And stood up, smoothing the wrinkles on his cloth. "Now i have to hire a lawyer to help us through and get that bastard arrested"

I clenched my teeth in sudden anger. "Make sure he doesn't enjoy another moment of his life after what he did to our Hidaya, if possible get him locked in prison for a lifetime or make him pay with his life!"

He chuckled at my reaction "I'm not sure if I now have the power to do so, but i will try my best."
He left, with me praying for his success and i also went to see my Hidaya again.
....

As Hidaya's room is now my permanent place, Aneel just decided to move her to my room so we're always together now. She's really comfortable with me now but not with Kaleem. She's okay with him staying at a distance but not close, she would just start trembling and crying. so he make sure he stay away.