chapter 56

KALEEM

"What? What did you just say?" Noor question flabbergasted, wiping her tears with her sleeve.

God, she's too gross always using her clothes to wipe away things. But i do love her regardless of anything.

I zoned out of my thoughts and sighed looking at her confused reaction, i feel my stomach churn knowing i have to take responsibility of what i blurted out, i mean later.

"Noor, i...." I started but she cut me off.

"No, just repeat what you just said, I don't think i heard it right"

Knowing that it's too late to go back on my word i just nod "you did" i assured.

She scoffed "you said i did? Which means you are not even sure about.... Us! Our relationship?! You're doing everything just because you want to prove to yourself that you love me or love me not? Huh?"

"That's not true" i said sternly.

"I thought late Yasmeenah and Hudah were the problem, just a while ago i thought Aliza or what's her name is.
Wait!, was she before or after Yasmeenah because she seemed to know you for a very long time, and you two looked pretty close... The fact that she address you informally as Big k she's definitely not just a someone.."

"I've never dated Aiiza Noor i swear to God. Yasmeenah was the first and last and it's now you, only you!"

She gave out a humourless chuckle "I'll be a total fool to feed onto that".
She turned and walk away.

She hasn't gone far when she realized she knows nowhere to go she doesn't even know the address to the sky house so she walks back to our car just when Aiiza and another guy comes out of the hotel.

"Hey wait!!" Aiiza screamed trying to halt Noor, but she's too mad to care, and just stormed her way inside the car. Close the door with a bang and ran away with my driver.

I turned back to the stupid destroyer.

"Big K..."

"Shut the f*ck off Aiiza!" i growled "things were bad as it is you don't have to grace us with your presence and make it worse!. And you really want to know the answer to the question you asked me 7 years ago at the University?! I lied to you about people not discovering the gem in you that's why they don't like you because they are stupid. But I'm actually the stupid one trying to hide how horrible and obnoxious you are. that's the real reason no one wants you".

She burst out wailing in our ears like her usual clumsy and nerdy self used to when we were at same department in the university. And the other guy too seemed to be disgusted by it.

I used to be partially Aiiza's friend because everyone used to hate her and be disgusted by her presence when we were schooling. Aiiza is amazingly beautiful but amazingly dirty to let it show. She's doesn't care about her deen, hygiene, etiquette, and social life. All she does was study, that's why sometimes stinks because she won't wash her hair for a month or so and she never covers it so sunlight adds to the odour. But i for once tried to change her. Instead of becoming a better person, she develop feelings for me instead, so i ran away also and never returned there after i graduated.
About her achievement well.. Her getting a decent job to be invited to our business meeting is obvious, but her glow up is definitely dumbfounding.

"I'm sorry" she wail like a kid. "I didn't know that Yasmeenah is dead. I thought you were just trying to get rid of me that's why you told me that short tempered lady is your wife, wallah i didn't know you were telling the truth big K please forgive me" she blows her nose right at the ground.