chapter 69

Author's POV

She stood there, anxious. Staring at Lailah who's packing her kids clothes in a large suitcase.

She closed it after it's full and put it down then carry Safeenah and drag the suitcase along.
She come to a halt by the door, and dung her head playing with her plain fingers that hadn't seen a drop of henna since when her husband fell into coma. She just finished her takba and wishes to go back to living at her parents, but considering mother's intentions of keeping her grandchildren with her all the time, she isn't going to let her go.

"I'll get going mother" Lailah announced.

"Won't you stay back please?! Do you really have to leave?" She pulls Nimrah to her body and holds lailah's hands.

"I would love to, but the reason i need to stay is gone."

"Then stay for me, I'm also your mother Lailah, your father and I are siblings, we share the same parents. You can continue living here as your house"

She moved closer to her and look into her eyes for 3 seconds, she could see her Khaleel's face in his mother's face as they deeply resemble each other, even though she has aged but she's still beautiful and he's more handsome. She allows the warm tears she tried holding fall down her cheeks, she just missed Khaleel too much already, it's almost unbearable for her.

"I'm sorry mother I can't!. i used to live here with Khaleel but now that he's not here the house seems too big for me enough to get lost..." she sniffed and continue in tears "i better stay away if I want to continue living for the sake of my kids. My husband's memories reside here, they'll burden my heart and keep me trapped in the past"

She drag Nimrah back to her "i promise your grandchildren will be visiting you everytime you want, just let me take my children with me, i will take good care of them like Khaleel has entrusted me to.

Mother nodded "okay then let's do this" she drags Lailah along upstairs to the study room where Habeeb was working on some papers. He looked up at them confused, both with red eyes.
"What happened mother?" He stood up.

She drags her further inside and stopped in front of him. "I know Habeeb is my son and will do whatever I asked him to, so please Lailah, I'm begging you as a mother who lost her son,a mother who doesn't want to let her daughter go and a mother who's trying to save her family from falling apart. Please marry Muhammad!!"

"I destroyed this family myself and I'm hoping to bring it back to how it was before, i allow my selfishness to consume and destroy me but I'm willing to change my ways. I'll go and bring back Noor and Kaleem, and make my family complete again"

......

"Daddy please check who's at the door" Noor yelled from the kitchen. Kaleem stood up not keeping his eyes away from the TV for a second as the team he's supporting were about to score another goal. He walks and opened the door without checking

"My Kaleem!" He heard the voice that means everything to him, calling the name he's yearning to answer for more than 3 years.

And just then they scored the goal.

"Mother? You're here?" His face suddenly lit up as he engulf her in a big happy hug yelling. "Noor come over, it's mother."

She patted his back chuckling "it took so long for me to come and check on my children, i missed you kaleemullah, and Noor too"

"We missed you too mother, even though i see you almost everyday for the past 3 years but i missed you so badly, i missed your warmth and comfort"

"I'm sor..."