CHAPTER SEVENTY: Matter Of Time

Ada's POV

Ada's POV

Slow Jazz fills the small golden elevator. Not much of a music listener these days.  I look up to the screen displaying the floor numbers I am currently passing. 

Twenty Seven.

Twenty Eight.

Twenty Nine. 

My final stop is the penthouse. 

The screen also showed the time, currently it is 7: 56 pm.

(Ada)- "Fashionably late." 

Like always. 

I lean my weight to the right side of my hip feeling the handgun holster my dress is hiding slightly shift. I shouldn't be in this dress, I shouldn't be here at all. I was suppose to be in a remote location, lounging on a beach with my toes in the sand and sipping on mimosas. 

If it wasn't for her

She tricked me. 

A smile slowly starts to spread. 

I'll let this slide, only once. A favor for Leon. 

Ding! 

The elevator doors separate seeing two large men in black suits. They had their arms crossed, probably waiting for me. 

(Ada)-"Gentlemen." I greeted.

(Man)-"This way, miss Wong" his arm extends in the direction he will be leading. He takes lead and I follow behind him, the other man in the suit follows behind me. Probably making sure I don't do some kind of casualty. Not that I planned on it. 

Following the black marble flooring, the sound of my heels echo ahead signaling I have arrived. The front man leads left and I continue straight forward, the man behind me turns right and they stand in their respective posts. 

I stop towards the center of the room, a large glass desk is in front of me with files spread laid out. The chair had its back to me-- the person sitting in that chair is viewing the glass windows overlooking the city. 

(Voice)-"Nice to see you, Miss Wong" His voice is was low and a bit dry. Sounds different over the phone.

(Ada)-" I'd say the same to you If I was able to see your face." He quietly chuckles to himself. He stood up from his desk chair and walks around the desk into the light.