CHAPTER FORTY ONE: Our Time Now

After our meals,  Leon offered to clean up while Claire gives me a little tour of the house

After our meals,  Leon offered to clean up while Claire gives me a little tour of the house. Living room was combined with the kitchen making it very open, you're never be alone. The decor is set up very nicely, lots of lively growing plants in the corners, modern furniture, massive tv mounted to the white colored walls, picture frames scattered everywhere. A lovely contemporary home. 

(Claire)- "Laundry room is right here, in case you brought clothes. Office, library is through here-- your welcome to sit in there, or grab a book." She opens the door to show a little of the room seeing an entire wall shelf full of books. 

(Y/n)- " I'll be sure to be in this room later on tonight. " She closes the door and continue on, she shows me the back porch. The backyard was a decent size with a large shed in the back. 

(Y/n)- " You have a really nice house." 

(Claire)- "Thank you, I try my best to make everything fit together. Come on-- I'll show you the room you guys will be staying in." We move further into the home, a staircase leading up and down--possibly a basement.

(Claire)- "Up the stairs--becareful when going down, they can be a bit slippery. " Ill keep that in mind and make sure to step carefully. She shows more of the rooms including her bedroom but didn't reveal it saying she didn't make the bed this morning. 

(Claire)- "And...this... is your room for tonight, the guest bedroom." She opens the door seeing a queen sized bed with white wrinkle free sheets and pillows that look almost too fake to be pillows.

(Claire)- "There is also your own bathroom, clean towels-- all the essentials." hearing footsteps behind us, Leon finally joins us. 

(Leon)- "Everything's set." he says smoothly.

(Claire)- "Perfect. I'll leave the rest to you."

(Leon)- "Your leaving?" Before she can asnwer her phone begins to ring in her back pocket. She pulls it out to see who it was. She lightly scoffs with a smile. 

(Claire)- "It's Chris." She flips her phone for us to see a picture of him as his photo I.D. It looks like an old photo of him, he doesn't have that much muscle in the photo.

(Leon)- "Better answer it." 

(Claire)-" All right, I hope you enjoy your surprise." She says before she answers the phone walking downstairs. 

(Leon)- "Well she left the surprise to me, suppose it's time to show you." 

(Y/n)- "What surprise?" He doesn't answer, instead he gently reaches for my hand and pulls me out of the guest bedroom leading us down the stairs to the back porch. We exit out to the yard heading towards the back shed. Why are we going back here? He lets go of my hand to unhook the small latch. 

(Leon)- " Claire had to put a lock on the shed, they got out last time." He opens the door showing what's inside the shed. It was covered in hanging lights, walls painted white-- immediately I look at the ground to see dark brown and black fur rushing towards me.