CHAPTER ONE: Pictures Of Them

(One Month Later)

(One Month Later)

My body thrashes on the bed, feeling the cool and freshly washed sheets getting wrinkled because of me. I can lay here all day if I wanted to. 

(Tanner)- "Would you rather have your bed on the floor or in the new bed frame I helped you put together?" he stood near by--standing above-- looking down at me. He was tapping his foot-- waiting for me to get off my mattress. Instead of waiting for me to get off from it, he joins in on laying beside me--our eyes facing up towards the ceiling. 

(Tanner)-"Well, doesn't this bring back old memories?" he tilts his head, my eyes meet his as he smiles ear to ear with a laugh to go with it. I playfully shove his shoulder using mine--l laugh along with him. It feels good to have Tanner by my side, given that we were the only two from our group of friends to have survived. We both lost a lot that night-- but we still have each other to hold on to. 

(Y/n)- "How are you settling in?" 

(Tanner)- "It's weird. It's quiet. I don't know." It must be hard for him, he really loved Vanessa. I can tell he's thinking about her, the way he's really deep in his thoughts right now.

(Y/n)- "You're welcome to stop by whenever you like." 

(Tanner)- "Thanks. What about you, are you gonna go into the force again?" 

(Y/n)-"Are you?" 

(Tanner)- "Yeah. I just hope they don't give me the Lieutenant spot. The job was so stressful." he ran his fingers through his hair.I remember seeing him in the office a couple times, going through paperwork everyday. The bags under his eyes were hardly there-- but when he was promoted to Lieutenant I can see the dark heavy bags a mile away. If he were to be a police officer again-- maybe we'll be partners, but him not being Lieutenant is going to be hard to get use to. 

(Tanner)- "What are you gonna do now?" 

(Y/n)- " Think If I want to be a cop again, still re-arrange furniture" 

(Tanner)- "That's not what I mean" My eyes narrow at him. 

(Tanner)- "What are you gonna do about the virus, about Leon?" 

(Y/n)- "I have no choice but to keep going-- I don't know-- I guess I have to learn to live with it." 

(Tanner)- "And...what about Leon?" 

(Y/n)- "What about Leon?

(Tanner)- "Have you seen him?" 

(Y/n)- "No." I haven't seen him in months, he has sent me small gifts. One being my new phone.Tanner gets up from the bed and starts to adjust his Rick and Morty graphic t-shirt. 

(Tanner)- "I don't know why you're interested in this guy-- but if you're not gonna let him go...than I'm gonna be rooting for you two" When did Tanner all of a sudden change to team Leon? 

(Tanner)- "Lunch time. What do you want to eat?" he says with a clap of his hands

(Y/n)- "I'm fine with whatever you pick. You're paying right?" 

(Tanner)- "Yes I'm paying. I'll see what I pick--I'll be back in a bit-- call if you need me" I nodded, he leaves the bedroom-- heading down to the first floor. Hearing the front door open-- but I don't hear it shut. 

(Tanner)- "(Y/n)! You might want to come down here!" he calls for me. What could he need me for? I got up from the mattress and make my way downstairs. There at the door was a friendly face with short brown hair and possibly fifty pounds of muscle. He flashes a smile, I couldn't help but give him one as well. 

(Y/n)- "Chris!" I hugged him with wide arms, he groans at the impact of crashing towards him. Whoops, must've came at him too fast. I realized he was dressed in casual clothes, not in his heavy decked out BSAA gear. I release him-- pulling him inside the house. 

(Tanner)- "I'll leave you two to catch up" he shuts the door behind him as he leaves. 

(Chris)- "You look like your doing okay" he lets out a light chuckle. 

(Y/n)- "I'm good, how are you and Jill?" 

(Chris)- "She's doing good as well, she asks when your gonna train with her instead of me." he rolls his eyes with a scoff. 

(Y/n)- "I might train with her someday." 

(Chris)- "Jill knows a thing or two-- but I'd say I got more tricks up my sleeve that you'll be missing out on if you train with her." We both laugh, I missed Chris-- he's at least visited me once a month to check on me when I was in the lab.

(Y/n)-" Did you just come back from another assignment?"

(Chris)- " A few hours ago."

(Y/n)- "Then what are you doing here-- you should be resting and spending time with your wife." This man is always working-- going out on dangerous missions. Jill is the same-- they hardly see each other. When they do it's only for a few hours before one of them gets called.

(Chris)- " I wanted to see if my friend is doing okay, plus I wanted to bring this to you." I failed to notice a black duffle back in his hands, he sees me eyeing it. 

(Y/n)- "What is that?" 

(Chris)- "A welcome home present" he walks over to my kitchen island counter, placing the duffle bag on top. What could he have brought me? Him just coming here is enough to make me happy. He unzips the bag and takes a step for me to see what's inside. 

(Chris)- "I've brought as much as I could, everything in there has already been sterilized." I look through the bag-- being a bunch of items that was left behind from my old house. Majority in the bag was my picture frames of family and friends, sentimental value items. 

(Y/n)-" Chris...thank you. This really means a lot" I reached out to hug him again. 

(Chris)-"You're welcome." 

I look back into the bag, seeing more items-- I thought I was never going to see my stuff again. I pull out a frame-- seeing faces that brought pain and joy into my heart. It was Niko and Morgan, I will never forget them. I will cherish their friendship.Next to me was Kamil-- but before I knew who he actually was...I knew him as Lucas. He might have used a fake name but I don't think he pretended to be my friend. The way he opened up to be about his brother, that felt like something a friend would tell a friend about. 

So in this picture, that's not Kamil, that's Lucas John Everett. 

A friend.