CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN: Oh My My (Part One)

1998

1998

This. All this-- was created by one man. He didn't want his experiments to be taken from him. His virus caused the chaos of this city, undead flooding the streets. I look away from the TV screen to see what expression Leon was making. I couldn't exactly read it, he's silent-- just as I am. 

(Leon)- "So those were G samples?" 

His mind is focused on something else-- he's on a one track mind about the G samples. I follow closely as we continue through the lab. We entered this massive, open space-- metal pathway leading across to another lab possibly. For some odd reason-- I looked up to the high ceiling-- there in red and white colors is the company's logo.  We make it across with the doors sliding open for us as we got close.  My eyes took a photo graphic memory of what I'm seeing right now. 

These tube-like fish tanks filled with water didn't display any aquatic fish.No-- it displays something I will not forget. Leon and I walk up to view it. In the left tank floats massive eyes, in the middle is a severed arm- discolored, disformed. Lastly, in the far right-- I-I don't even know what this is. I divert my eyes to look at something else, to the left of me---wait...this is where they shot that man in the tape. My right had grabs Leon's forearm, his skin was warm at the touch. 

(Leon)- "What's wrong?" 

(Y/n)- " This....this is where that scientist was killed" I pointed with my index finger to the spot where blood is spilled. Leon walks up to the area and sees a tube poking out. He picks it up carefully to view it. 

(Leon)- "Huh. That was easy..." 

(Y/n)- "That's it?" 

(Leon)- "Yeah but something doesn't seem right. We should go find Ada."

 He leads the way and I follow close by. Walking back the way we came-- through that open walkway. As we walk in silence it suddenly felt cold. I stopped in my place-- something's not right... the ground...is.. shaking? 

A loud crash collapses the ceiling-- our eyes dart to the top seeing something fall superhero landing style. What dropped down ain't no superhero. It's that monster from before. It looks like its gone further into mutation. The right shoulder was massive-- eyeball exposed clear to see.

(Leon)- "You again." He quickly aims his handgun right at it-- his index finger ready to pull the trigger. 

(Annette)- " Move. He's mine" A woman's voice behind us spoke, I turn around to see a woman with long blonde hair, limping passed us. She was wearing a lab coat-- wait a second..She's the one who shot at me-- causing Leon's shoulder wound. 

She raises--what looks like a flare gun at the monster in front of us. She doesn't pull the trigger just yet-- she's waiting. 

(Annette)- "This has to end." She pulls the trigger an out hits it in the face-- with ice? Whats that going to do?