CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: In Between (Part One)

Present Day

Present Day

YOUR POV:

My mind is at a blank slate, nothing comes to mind. Not a single word.Usually I have something to say but for once...nothing. There is no possible way this is happening to me. Chris came all this way just to steal me from joining the force, and without even getting things prepared-- I was already boarded onto a BSAA aircraft. He has got to be playing a joke-- a joke maybe going a little too far. All right Chris-- when does the joke end? Cue the laughing soundtrack.Ha-ha you got me. 

NothingMaybe the joke isn't over.

I examine inside the aircraft, this one is different-- not the same one I was on with Chris and Leon. What a mission that was...I did get my ass handed to me by Arias. The part I remember most about that mission would probably be when Leon and I were on that motorcycle together. He really is something. That guy...

Wait-- remember where you are. Oh right-- BSAA. Chris.  I can't think of anything--besides what's happening now--I'm worrying about my pets, Chris assured me that they will be taken care of. I didn't even get to say goodbye to them. 

What the hell.

 I can't be a member in the BSAA-- I'm probably not suitable for this sort of thing,  I may have basic training but not enough to actually be a soldier. I've only been a cop, It's always been paperwork, paperwork, coffee, ride alongs-- now this? I don't know how I got here. What events in my life brought me to this moment? 

My hand raises up to my lips, index finger out for my teeth to nibble the ends of my fingertips. Nail biting, an old habit of mine when I was younger. My eyes were glued to the small rounded window viewing the sky, the clouds--where could this place be? What should I expect? My mouth moved onto the next finger after there was nothing left to chew on the first. A warm hand gently grasped my wrist and pulled my fingers away from my mouth to stop my habit from fully returning. Looking over to my left shoulder to see Tanner being the one to stop me. I had forgotten that he was riding along with us. Chris offered him a spot if he chooses to take it, He even warned him that the BSAA is gonna be difficult. Tanner accepted anyway. 

(Tanner)- "Stop that." He whispers as he releases my wrist. 

(Y/n)- "...Sorry" My right leg started to shake in substitute of nail biting. 

(Tanner)- "There's nothing to be nervous about." easy for him to say, he hasn't seen what I've seen over the years.

(Y/n)-" I'm not nervous." his eyes narrow with his mouth curving into a smirk. Probably a stupid thing to say. Maybe I am-- maybe I'm not. 

(Tanner)- " Nail biting, leg shaking..." Okay I might be a little nervous-- a lot of things are running through my mind but there's something else that's bothering me. 

(Tanner)- "Talk to me, what's on your mind?" If only I knew what's stabbing my brain right now-- I would tell you..but I don't know. I glance at him for a second before something came to mind.