CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: Shakin' Off The Rust (Part Three)

Day Three Of Training: Final 

My finger combs through my wet soaked hair, feeling the warm temperature of the water coating my body.  Looking down at the water swirling down into the drain-- the shampoo suds disappearing. The water falling behind my head-- felt like being caught in the rain. I don't know how I'm feeling...or what I'm suppose to feel. There's plenty on my mind-- but of course only one overpowers it all. I shut my eyes....his image clouds my brain. His soft hair, his tall frame, the scent and warmth coming off of him, lips-- and blue eyes. My chest tightens at the thought of him...He still has this huge effect on me.

Leon. 

I strongly miss him.

Being here made me lose what day or time it is, I've been away from him far too long...

A squeal of the door creaks-- snapping me out of my Leon thoughts. Someone has entered the shower quarters. The shower stall beside me gets turned on-- hearing footsteps shuffling around.  It's 4:30 am in the morning-- I'm the only one who showers at this time since its empty and It's a quiet place for me to think.

(Scott)- " How you holding up?" It was Scott's voice, she sounds like she's being kind for once. I didn't know how to answer. I reached for the knobs of the water and twisted them clockwise to shut them off. I extend my hand out the curtain of the shower stall to grab a towel I left on the hook near by, I grab the towel patting my hair down and wrapping my body with it. Pushing the black curtain aside, the steam coming from Scott's stall stops and out she comes fully nude-- I was completely off guard. I looked away and look to the fogged up mirror. She's really bold and has confidence, I'd give her that..

(Scott)- " You saved Porter's life" she says as she grabs her towel and rubs her wet hair to dry, she then wraps the towel around her body. 

(Scott)- " I sorta misjudged you." I felt like I don't need to say anything, I lightly nodded my head-- she probably didn't even notice it. I walked out of the shower quarters, hearing everyone fast asleep.Scott comes out--clothed this time and heads straight to her bed. I grab my sleepwear clothes and entered back to the showers to change. I still got time to rest my head in bed before the next exercise starts.

(Time Skip) 

I look up into the sky, seeing the color grey. No yellow sun or blue sky...not today. The exercise hasn't begun yet, Haven't seen Chris or the others since this morning. It's strange. Looking around the base, it seems like it never slows down-- everyone here has an important task. Here I am wasting my day-- I take it back-- I've been busy day dreaming. I'm getting hit with a huge wave of homesick. I need to do something-- anything-- any distraction will do.  I swear I'll steal a helicopter and fly it back home...

(Tanner)- " (Y/n)" Tanner's voice caught my attention. I look down at him as I was sitting up on some wooden crates. He wasn't alone, Porter was with him. He's not his usual self, since the crashing of the course-- seeing my special ability...he's been a little detached.