CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: Pity And Fear (Part One)

So much turbulence shifting side to side, up and down-- its making me uneasy

So much turbulence shifting side to side, up and down-- its making me uneasy. I clench my assault rifle close to my chest, index finger away from the trigger, the safety switch off. Maybe if I shut my eyes-- it'll feel like if I'm in a car speeding on uneven roads. I'll try to think of a happy place.

(Porter)- "If your assault rifle could talk, it'd be saying its safe word right about now" I open my eyes seeing Porter, Marquez, Scott, Harrison and Tanner chuckle at his comment. Porter made me lose my train of thought with my happy place. 

(Y/n)- "I thought that 'Sarcastic Asshole' was your fake persona" Even after the exercises, Porter's true self came out to be kinder. I study his facial expression thoroughly. He doesn't seem to be nervous about being sent on a mission to kill BOW's, then again these guys fooled me thinking they were rookies like Tanner and I. Chris picked them specifically and informed them of his plan of testing me.

Another turbulence bump.

Tanner was sitting beside me, he places his left hand on my right knee in way to comfort me since we're all strapped to the harness limiting our movements. In a way it was sort of comforting but it isn't enough. Scott's stare is directed at Tanner's hand, she looks up with a slight grin on her perky lips.

(Scott)- "How long have you two been together?"

(Tanner)- "We're not together. We're good friends" He retreats his hand.

(Y/n)- "We use to be together." I say just to fill her curiosity. She eyes the two of us back and forth.

Harsh turbulence shakes again making me bite my tongue. She opens her mouth again but Porter nudged her shoulder subtly telling her to stop. 

(Scott)- "Do you have someone back home?" I dart my eyes to the ground. The thought of him makes me feel sad and happy at the same time. There's that homesick feeling again...

Chris appeared from the front to the aircraft in his heavy BSAA gear. This one's different, it seemed more updated and better quality then his previous ones. On his  left pec had his last name embroidered into the tactical vest, on his arm--represented the BSAA logo patch.

(Chris)- "All right, Listen up!" he stood in the middle aisle with his hands at his sides. 

(Chris)- " Our mission is to clear out BOW's left in this town. Marquez,Harrison-- you will take this section." He points his finger to the wall just beside him--projecting a hologram of the map.

(Chris)- "Porter, Scott-- you have this area to secure." he points to a different part of the map. 

(Chris)- " Tanner, (Y/n)-- you'll be with me. We're gonna be heading towards the North" Tanner nods his head. The North. We'll be near where my old home use to be. Will I be able to see it?

(Chris)- " We'll be given a few hours. Not only will you be eliminating BOW's-- you will also need to get a sample of its DNA." Chris makes eye contact with each of us, making sure we are listening to his instructions.