CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: Oh My My (Part Two)

1998

1998

(Leon)- "Don't do this..." His voice softens, his eyes full of hope. He needs to let one of us go, I nominate myself-- all I've done is hide, whine how scared I am.  

(Y/n)- "You have to." 

(Leon)- " I made a promise to you." 

(Y/n)- "Leon--" 

(Leon)- "When the end of the world happens, make sure that person is going to be the one you want to spend your last moment with."  Those were the words mom used, he's reminding me of those words. My chest hardens...feeling something as I grip his wrist--He tries to pull us up again but his arms quiver. The look on his face....Leon Kennedy is...

(Ada)- " Let me make one thing right."

(Leon)- "Shut up, Ada!"

(Ada)- "Take care of her, Leon" her hand slides out of Leons grasp.

(Leon)- "No!" I look down seeing Ada disappear in the darkness. Leon now has an extra hand and pulls me up with him-- I grabbed his vest and clung to him-- holding onto him for dear life. we get up and stepped off the lopsided support to something sturdy.

(Y/n)- "Leon--" he pulls me along with him into the circular elevator to escape. He doesn't say anything-- he's probably blaming himself for not helping Ada.  As we descend everything was bursting into flames-- everything is gonna be destroyed.

(Y/n)- " How much time do we have before everything explodes?" 

(Leon)- "Less than ten minutes"

(Y/n)- "Shit."I say under my breath.

(Leon)- " We're gonna get out of here, together." The elevator glass doors open and we rush to find an exit. I don't know where we are in the facility but here were many tv monitors some off and some with the color, ' No Signal ' screen.

Leon approaches a monitor screen barely seeing the image. From what I can see is a woman.

(Y/n)-" Leon-- who's that?" He goes to another monitor to see if he can get a better view of the image or talk on the other end.

(Leon)- "Claire!"

(Claire)- "Leon? you're down here too?!"

(Leon)- "Yeah. But the whole place is coming down. Listen to me. You need to get out. Fast!"

(Claire)- "Yeah. There's a way out. We can make it.Where are you now?" The video feed breaks into static. 

(Leon)- "Claire!? You still there?" 

(Claire)- "Leon? Hey Leon, you're breaking up..."

(Leon)- "Forget about me! Just get out of here!" The screen gets static again.