HORROR MOVIES [SH]

Type: Oneshot

Pairing: Sherlock x Reader

Warnings: None

Black storm clouds knitted into a thick covering in the London sky, the weight of the drops that fell pounding against the glass panes of 221b Baker Street as if they were demanding to be let in. The wind whistled and trees shook, water hitting pedestrians like an ocean spray. As thunder rumbled, you pulled the wool blanket further around yourself and completely cocooned yourself in warmth. The crackling flames illuminated the flat, fully setting the mood for your movie night. You wiggled a bit in your spot before finally finding a comfortable position, holding down the arrow on the remote as different titles flew before your eyes on the television screen. You could already feel the shivers down your spine as the production company's logo sprawled across the screen after you hit play.

"AHA!"

You paused it before turning to peek into the kitchen, the source of the noise. With a loud dramatic sigh, you heaved up off the couch and waddled your way into the said room. You maneuvered yourself onto the barstool, seating yourself across from the pale genius feverishly at work in front of you. His eyes magnified by his obnoxious goggles, a test tube in hand as smoke erupted from some end of the contraption in front of him. He mumbled to himself, eyes squinting as he poured what you could only assume to be blood into another mixture, but alas you had previously learned some questions are better left unanswered. You opened your mouth to speak but were quickly cut off by your boyfriend as he looked back up at you.

"See?! This is it! The florist mixed the blood and that was how the cat died!"

You blinked for a moment. "Sherlock, what on earth are you talking about?"

'The case we're solving!" He gestured, returning his vial to the rack.

You bit your lip to contain your giggle as you shook your head, leaning up to push back the curls that fell into his face as he removed his goggles. "Sherlock, I've been in the living room for the past couple hours."

Sherlock rolled his eyes, "well it's not my fault you weren't listening."

"So it was the florist?" You questioned, tilting your head as you pushed off the stool.

"No, of course not." He waved his hand, "She's an idiot. It was the farmer."

"Ah." You nodded, as if that made all the sense in the world. "So, now that you figured out how the cat died, wanna watch a movie with me?"

"I have to phone Lestrade and find the baker, and then tell John about the blood.." Sherlock rattled off as he walked away from the set, pulling his phone from his pocket. You quickly made your way over and turned off the burner. You turned only to find him grabbing for his coat, and you huffed as you pulled the blanket tighter around yourself before positioning yourself between Sherlock and the door. "Sherlock, it's storming and it's after midnight. You can stay in and then go and find your killer."

Sherlock pouted before crossing his arms. "But the killer could strike again!'

"Actually?" You raised your eyebrow.

"Well, no it was obviously an act of passion." Shelock rolled his eyes as you reached and used your hands to move his arms away, moving to pull of his coat and rocked up on your toes and let your lips brush his ear. "besides, I'd say there's a bit more of an incentive if you stay home." You hummed, running a hand down his chest. You heard the rumble of his throat clearing and his coat was quickly placed back on the hook. "So a movie?"

You giggled, leaning up to press a soft kiss to his lips before taking his hand and guiding him over to the couch. "Ten pounds that you'll actually be scared."