TROUBLE FINDS YOU [ SH ]

"the roads we walk have demons beneath, and yours have been waiting a long time

"the roads we walk have demons beneath, and yours have been waiting a long time."

"It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger and I plan to wipe it out."

"Ah, so has he sent you to kill me or just to bother me?"

Large wooded doors opened to a majestic office, a red carpet rolled to a wide mahogany desk as if to give the illusion of royalty. The walls were made of giant bookshelves and filled to the brim with titles of various shapes and sizes. In front of the desk was the crumpled-up form of a man, crimson leaking out from his forehead and wetting the fabric beneath him and spilling onto the hardwood floor. Two large men scooped up the corpse, dragging him towards the door as a smaller man vigorously attempted to mop up the bloodstains they left behind. His eyes were wide and his movements clearly fed by the impending fear of him being the next body.

She took a step forward, only to have two more men reach out and grab each shoulder. They kept her an arm's length away from the pale man seated behind the desk. He blew the smoke from his gun before he laid back against his seat, hands moving behind his head in a bored fashion as the sulfurous smell slowly dissipated. She paused, taking a moment to study the men that were attempting to stop her.

"You know why I'm here." She hummed, feeling fingertips press into her thin arms. "Dreykov as unfinished business with you. We both know that. However, as of this moment your horrendous consulting error is nothing but an ant to him." She attempted to take another step forward, only for the two men to step in front of her and block her view of him entirely.They didn't even get a chance to fully move into position before she grabbed one's hand, twisting it and knocking him into the other. She slammed her foot into his chest and sent them both flying to the ground. Before one could blink she had her gun drawn and pointed at the smaller man's head. Despite the immediate danger, the man's eyes gleamed with intrigue as he propped his elbows on his desk and rested his chin in his hands.

"All your worth right now is your ability to answer my questions. Now, tell me what you know about Sherlock Holmes."

A/N
included  above is a snippet from my new fic, Trouble Finds You. It would mean the world to me if you guys could check it out! Expect a new update every Wednesday!

Love you guys!