DIY

Type: Oneshot

Pairing: Greg Lestrade x Reader

Warnings: none

Dedicated to drayizzle

You lugged up two more paint cans up to the living room, sweat beading on your forehead. "We haven't even started and I'm already out of breath." You grumbled and added them to the ever growing pile. Greg brought up the last few, sitting them down. "That's what I'm for, your muscle." He wiped his hands on his worn jeans. You looked around the room, electrical plugs and things had been taped and covered, the furniture moved.

You were the perfect pair of newly weds, you'd just moved in and took it upon yourselves to make it personalized. He popped open a can of paint and poured it into the tray, you picked up the rollers and handed him one. "We are officially beginning our home improvements." You announced, dipping yours in the paint.

"As you wish, Mrs. Lestrade." He smirked, and you grinned.

You reached down and tapped play on your phone, which was connected to your speaker. The lyrics to umbrella soon began to fill the room and you swung your hips, singing along.

"You have my heart and we'll never be worlds apart." You sung, doing a small twirl.

Greg raised an eyebrow at you and chuckled slightly, continuing to paint. You continued to sing and paint, when Greg turned completely around to dip his brush again. You reached forward and painted a long strip of gray paint down his back. You whirled back around innocently, "oh it's on." He grabbed his brush and started jabbing at you. "No! Stop!" You laughed, trying to shield yourself with your arms. You managed to roll your pain down the side of his face as he jabbed you in the stomach. "Greg!" You squealed, paint soon covered your entire right arm. He smirked, the good the bad and the dirty began to play and you sung along. "If you're gonna throw the first punch make it a good one!" You sung at the top of your lungs as you painted Greg's stomach a lovely grey.

Suddenly two strong arms wrapped around your waist and lifted you in the air. "Gah! Put me down!" Your side began to hurt from laughing so hard, it became clear he wasn't going to put you down so you wrapped your legs around his waist.

"Gregory Lestrade you ruined my shirt!" You looked down at your paint covered t shirt, "you started it." He shrugged, smirking. His forearms now covered with paint. You stuck your tongue out at him, and he smirked. You leaned down and pressed a kiss to his lips, he returned the kiss only for you to feel the back of your neck being completely covered with paint. You instantly pulled away as he put you down. "I'm gonna murder you!" You squealed waving your paint brush as Greg sprinted away, laughing the entire time.

A/N

Some fluff for your lovely Tuesday.

I RAN SIX FUCKIN MILES YESTERDAY AND IT WAS ONLY HALF MY WORKOUT AND EVERYTHING HURTS AND NOW I HAVE PRACTICE TONIGHT SEND HELP PLEASE.

We're almost to the end of book 1 of my imagines! I already posted book 2 if y'all wanna go ahead and add it to your library's *winkadink*

I think that's all right now.

Something interesting always happens after I publish my authors notes so I mean

Love ya agents

Bye bye for now