The Way I Loved You

Haunted continued

Type: Songfic (the way I loved you : Taylor Swift)

Pairing: Sherlock x Reader x Greg

Warnings: mentions of self harm and suicidal intentions

He is sensible and so incredible

You looked in the mirror, fixing your dress in the mirror. You ran your thumb across the bottom of your lip, careful to catch any smudged makeup. You closed your eyes for a moment, you could do this. You turned and opened the bathroom door. A knocking on your front door sounded, you glanced at your friend. 6:00am, he was right on time like always. You walked over and opened it, smiling to find Greg with flowers, "You look amazing." He smiled.

He says everything I need to hear and I couldn't ask for anything better

Greg had been there for you this whole time, he'd held you through every breakdown, every tear he'd been there to wipe it away. He'd been there to prevent every cut since the day he walked into your apartment It was your one year anniversary.

Sherlock had died two years ago.

You took the flowers gratefully, "thank you." You placed them on the counter before grabbing your handbag, "you ready?" He asked, you nodded and walked out of your new flat. Greg wrapped his arm around your waist, the two of you walked towards the cab, he opened the door "ladies first."

He opens up my door and I get into the car and he says you look beautiful tonight

You climbed in, and Greg slid a hand in his suit pocket, the other held yours. You looked over at Greg, you fit your hand in his. You weren't hurting as much anymore, you'd slowly put yourself back together.

And I feel perfectly fine

You realized your were just missing one piece, and you couldn't figure out what it was. You looked over at your boyfriend, he was amazing. He was always sweet and kind, you never had to wait, he was always on time. the pair of you had never fought, but one thing that annoyed you most was the fact that he treated you like you were a fragile glass piece, that even the slightest touch would send you tumbling into a million pieces again.

But I miss screaming and fightin and kissin in the rain, it's 2am and I'm cursin your name

You missed Sherlock.

You missed the way he would kiss you when he solved a case, or he'd lay down with his head in your lap while he thought. You even missed yelling at each other at midnight, when you'd force him to sleep on the couch and he'd end up wandering back into your bedroom and slipping into the bed and wrapping his arms around you.

You're so in love that you act insane and that's the way I loved you

Greg gave your hand a squeeze, you realized how it lacked a certain warmth you were so use to.

You smiled warmly at him as the car pulled up towards the restaurant, "Fancy." You smiled, looking the place up and down. Greg opened the door for you and extended his hand, helping you out of the car, something you still weren't quite use to.