If This Was A Movie

Type: Songfic

Inspiration: If this was a Movie by Taylor Swift

Warnings; I think im addicted to writing these

Lyric alteration: Like in Begin Again, I skipped a repeat of the chorus and a couple other lines

Last night I heard my own heart beating sounded like footsteps on my stairs

You stared at your ceiling, you were replaying your conversation with Greg over and over. Hoping you could find someway  to make it up to Greg and get him back. You pushed the covers away, instantly missing the warmth they brought. You rolled over, feeling for your clock. The green pixelated numbers read 12:00am. Midnight. Great. You groaned, rubbing your eyes. You felt for your lamp cord, pulling the string and allowing light to chase the darkness in room away. If only it could rid you of the darkness on the inside.

Six months gone and I'm still reachin' even though I know your not there

You walked towards your closet, opening the door and scanning for your sweat shirt. You pulled it on and a pair of sweatpants. You grabbed your tennis shoes and walked towards your door. Slipping on your shoes and out into the world. 

I was playin' back a thousand memories baby thinkin' bout everything we've been through

You walked through the dark London night, your hands tucked into your warm pockets. You welcomed the sharp cold that pricked your skin, anything to take your mind off the pain inside. Your turned the corner, your gaze was fixed upon the ground. The ghost of his touch lingered on your arm, the warmth that he had left had faded.

How could you of been so stupid? You let him slip between your fingers, you'd had him and then you left. You left him.

You broke him.

That's what hurt more then anything, the heavy burden of the guilt that you had hurt him, killing any hopes of rekindling what you once had.  The cold spread throughout you, sending shivers down your spine. You were a mangled mess, you hadn't been able to sleep since your last conversation with Greg. You bit your lip, you were not going to cry. That seemed to be all you did, cry and think. You'd managed to get your waitressing job back, Angie had welcomed you with open arms. If only Greg could of done it the same way.

Maybe I've been goin' back too much lately when time stood still and I had you

You couldn't help it, a single tear escaped and streamed down your cheek. You sat down on the bench, snuggling as far down into your sweatshirt as you could. You looked around, you'd wandered to an old park. You buried your face in your hands, letting tears roll free. You didn't know what was worse, the guilt or just the normal breakup feelings. You pushed a (hair lock) our of your face, hearing the bench creak as someone sat next down to you. You tried to sniffle quieter.

Come back come back to me like you would if this was a movie stand outside in the rain till I came out

You pulled up your hood, you didn't need this random stranger to know you were crying. "Pull yourself together." You whispered, the stranger turned their head. "Hmm?"

You were so caught up in trying to stop your flow of tears you didn't realize they had even spoken.  "I've fucked up."

You were talking to a complete stranger, yet you couldn't bring yourself to care.

"I lost him. I can't believe I lost him. He was my world. He was the light to my darkness, he was the fuckin Dan to my Phil!" You exclaimed, burying your face into your arms and bringing up your knees.