Enchanted

Type: Songfic

Inspiration: Enchanted by Taylor Swift

Pairing: Greg x Reader

Warnings: none

There I was again tonight, forcing laughter faking smiles same old tired lonely place

Voices raged on around you, people all around discussing pointless things you couldn't force yourself to care about. Every so often someone would try to bring you into a conversation, you'd smile and nod, occasionally forcing a laugh. You pushed the food around your plate, finding the discussion of their daily lives irriatating and boring. You'd been drug along when your department was invited to another officer you didn't know existed until now 's birthday dinner. It was a small get together in the back of the restaurant. After pushing a few tables together, it seemed perfect. While it was true, if this were normal circumstances, you'd be chatting up a storm.

"Wow that's wonderful!" Your friend beside you chuckled, she looked over at you once more. "Don't you think (Your name)?"

"Hmm?" You answered, looking up from what had once been beautifully plated pasta.

"I don't think you two have met before." Julie had a smile plastered to her face, "(Your Name) doesn't sociliaze as much, being so dedicated to her work and all."

Dedicated? More like throwing yourself into it, hoping to drown your sorrows of your breakup in paperwork.

It didn't work.

Why was she trying to make you sound good anyway?

"(Your Name) this is Greg Lestrade, Greg, this is (Your full name). If you'll excuse me, I just need to make a small trip to the ladies room." She casted you a knowing smile before scooting out of her seat and walking away briskly.

You turned to the man who had been sitting beside her, turning to find two beautiful brown eyes staring back at you. Very, very beautiful brown eyes.

Walls of insincerity shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face

His face was very familiar, you'd seen him somewhere before. You mentally smacked yourself, how could you not remember him?

"As she said, I'm DI Greg Lestrade."

Detective Inspector!

"Officer Y/N at your service." You sat down your fork.

"So basically we've been working in the same department for years and we've never met?" Greg asked and you shrugged. "I've been busy and I can assume you were too."

Greg nodded, "Well, it's nice to meet you." He flashed you a smile that made your knees go weak, (even though you were sitting down)

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

Greg nodded, "it's nice to meet you too." He looked around for a moment. "These aren't usually my type of things." He admitted picking up his glass, leaning his arm against Julie's vacant chair. "Not usually mine either."

The playful conversation starts

"So Mister Detective Inspector, you would think you would know your officers." You smirked slightly.

"You would think an officer would know her Detective Inspector." He retired, grinning slightly.

Counter all your quick remarks like passing notes in secrecy

The two of you carried on your conversation, you became concerned for Julie, but it instantly disappeared when you caught her flirting with a couple guys across the room.

"So let me get this straight, you're friends with Sherlock Holmes?" You questioned, you'd only heard bad things about him from Anderson and Donovan.

"Yeah. He's not that bad of a guy once in a blue moon." He shrugged.

"Huh." You began to notice the twinkle in his brown eyes, and how beautiful his smile was and how happy it'd made you when he did.

And it was enchanting to meet you

"You're a very interesting man Greg Lestrade." You smirked, raising a glass to your lips.

"Is that a good or a bad thing?" He fired back, seeming to be enjoying this as much as you were.

"I guess you'll just have to find out." You smirked, standing and turning away from him.

"Leaving already?"

"I've got places to be Mr. Lestrade." You smirked and began to walk away, soon he was on his feet and his hand on your wrist, preventing you from waking farther away. He flashed you a charming smile, "can I at least get your number?"

 He flashed you a charming smile, "can I at least get your number?"

"Will you actually call me?"

"How could I not?"

You smirked at him, pulling a pen from your purse and jotting your number on a napkin and tucked it in his jacket pocket.

"Until then Greg Lestrade." And with that you turned away, fighting the urge to squeal like a teenage girl.

A/N

So I may or may not continue this idk

Apparently I have a shin splint where my weak leg muscles are separating from the bone. Yay.

On the brightside, I've found drayizzle is a very entertaining person to FaceTime. Meaning she listens to me ramble about everything under the sun.

 Meaning she listens to me ramble about everything under the sun

That's all in my life rn

Sorry for the slow updates I've had practices and schools about to start.

I NEED A NAME FOR YALL INSTEAD OF YALL

love y'all

Bye bye for now