Secrets

Type: Oneshot

Pairing: Sherlock x Reader

Requested by: jackskellingtonrulz5

Warnings: abusive relationship is heavily mentioned.

She was one of the only people who could keep a secret from him.

If their was something she didn't want him to know, he didn't know it.

When she revealed this secret, well all the signs came together, it made sense,

Perhaps he didn't deduce it out of her because he didn't want to believe it. It all made sense why she'd avoided changing near him, why she had a large amount of bandages, why she would often have to ice her back or her shoulder. Why she slept fully clothed, why she flinched slightly whenever he went to touch her, it was something that haunted her.

Sherlock Holmes was going to help her overcome it, there was no doubt about that.

***

You brushed your hair back, intertwining your (hair color) locks into a (hair length) braid. Sitting on the bed, waiting for Sherlock to finish his 'experiment'. After he almost blew up the flat from mixing the wrong chemicals because he was so tired, you'd started waiting and making sure he went to bed. You sat and waited a few moments before standing, walking towards the kitchen. "Sherlock. Bed." You said tiredly as you stepped in, looking over at your boyfriend. "In a minute." He responded, you rolled your eyes. "You said that an hour ago. C'mon."

He turned and stared at you, but one look from you and he pulled off his goggles. "Fine." He sighed, standing. You smiled at your small victory, waking towards him. But as fate would have it, you tripped over your own two feet, knocking an empty beaker off  the counter and onto the ground. It instantly shattered on impact with the hard ground. You kneeled down wide eyed, frantically picking up the pieces.

"I-I'm sorry." You stuttered, flinching as you expected a blow. Sherlock watched you for a moment as if you were an experiment yourself. When he didn't move, you were relieved. You picked up the pieces, wincing as you plucked a piece of glass from your fingertip, crimson now leaking from the wound. Sherlock kneeled down infront of you, "your bleeding." He remarked.

"So I am." You stood, walking over to the sink and rinsing your finger. "I'll be fine."

You flinched when you felt his warm breath on your neck, you turned to find him standing right behind you. Sherlock stared down at you, as if you were a piece of evidence. You gave him a tired smile, "Sherlock, it's time for bed." You took his hand in yours, pulling him towards the bedroom. He followed, appearing to still try and solved his puzzle.

****

He reached forward, casting a blow to your face. "Pick it up." He growled, you frantically picked up the pieces of the tea cup you'd knocked over. Your cheek stung, "I-I'm sorry." You whimpered, he hit you again. "Don't stutter."

"Y/N."

"I'm sorry."

"Y/N!"

You shot up straight in bed, finding the lamp switched on and Sherlock sitting up next to you. "Are you alright?" He asked, his tone softened.

"I'm fine." You murmured, he reached out to touch your arm gently but you pulled your arm away. Sherlock looked at you, guilt burned throughout you as hurt glittered in his eyes.

"Haven't you deduced it out of me?" You questioned, why couldn't he? It would make your life so much easier.

"Deduce what?" He questioned.

You sighed, pulling your knees up to your chest. "I had a fiancé, before you, and he um, well..." You scratched the back of your neck. "He would often strike me, whether he was drunk or I did something wrong." You said quietly, allowing your gaze to fall on your toes.

Sherlock stiffened for a moment. You couldn't bring yourself to look at him, "(your blame)." He said softly, "you know I won't hurt you, right?"

You nodded, he gently extended his arm and you snuggled into him. He buried his face in your hair, placing a kiss to the top of your head.

It was nice.

You felt as if a large burden had been lifted off your shoulders, and somehow it made you love him even more.

***

You awoke that morning to the other side of the bed being empty. You shrugged, pushing yourself out of bed. You wandered into the bathroom and quickly got ready for your day. You stepped out of the shower only for your phone to ring, Greg's name on the screen. You swiped to answer. "Hello?"

"You have an ex boyfriend named Ryan Hollands correct?"

You bit your lip, he was the one you told Sherlock about. "y-yes."

"He's just been arrested for charges of domestic abuse and holding illegal substances."

"He has?" Your eyes widened, how?

"He was brought in pretty beat up, he said he was visited by some guy in a trench coat."

You smiled softly to yourself, "how odd."

You could practically hear the smirk in Greg's voice, "how odd indeed."  That's when you heard the front door open.

You wrapped up the conversation and hung up, getting dressed before walking out to meet your fiancé, hanging up his trench coat.

You smiled softly at him, walking over.

Sherlock looked at you, "what?"

You wrapped your arms around his neck and placed a kiss to his lips, "thank you."

Sherlock smirked slightly and wrapped his arms around your waist.

In that moment what you'd known all along had been confirmed.

Sherlock was indeed the perfect man for you.

A/N

Ok guys, so my ex texted me and we got in a fight and then you guys came up. And basically here's how it goes down:

Let's see I don't wanna name him so we'll call him....... Scum.

Scum: hey so me and (my ex best friends name here) are probably getting back together.

Me: that's nice.

Scum: ....

Scum: do you miss me at all?

Me: I did. But I have fanfiction to write and a lot more free time to do so now that you're gone

Scum: your writings average

Me: and?

Scum: you say you have all these friends but how is that possible I'm the only friend you've had all summer.

Me: the only irl friend. You're about 1/4 about what these people are

Scum: you probably told them a bunch of false stuff about you, why else would they love you?

Me: nah. I mainly rant about you, Sherlock, and just tell my day

Scum: please

Me: I could say I cried watching finding nemo and they'd still love me. They love Sherlock too. I could quote Sherlock rn

Scum: don't remind, me you know how much I love it

Me: I'm not sure, I thought I knew how much you loved me. Or was that another lie? I'm sure (ex-bestie) will happily date lying scum

He didn't respond.

So yeah. There's my life.
Three updates in one day, yay!

Love y'all
Bye bye for now