Innocent

Requested by:

Looks like you really did it this time

Left yourself on your warpath

Sherlock Holmes did not feel regret.

It felt under the 'emotion' category he'd managed to avoid most of his life. He went on with life as it was, but all that changed after John introduced him to the mudane world of emotions.

Sherlock didn't understand what it was like to feel most of these things, but then he met her.

She was an entirely different thing that he was still trying to work out.

The first time he felt regret was when he told John that he wasn't anything more then an ally.

The second time he felt it was when he jumped.

The third, when he went undercover and became a drug addict.

It were thoughts like this that had him sitting straight up in bed, staring at the wall in front of him. There wasn't anything special about this particular wall. It was- well, a wall.

When he made his return, she'd been an emotional wreck. He'd felt a great guilt ever since, and he'd do anything to rid himself of it. He looked down at her sleeping form, she looked peaceful for the first time in what seemed like ages. She'd have reoccurring nightmares, she said it was just watching him fall, but he knew it was more then that.

Lost your balance on a tightrope

Lost your mind tryin' to get it back

He'd done many things over his time, but never felt any remorse or guilt. He'd never known the innocence people described. While it was true, he had done some awful things in his lifetime, she would leave him questioning whether or not he did something wrong. She was the puzzle he could never solve, it only made him even more attracted to her. He continued to stare. "Sherlock." He looked down, her soft blue eyes staring back at him. She brushed a strawberry blonde lock away from her face. "Yes?"

"Why are you still awake?" She asked groggily, pushing herself up onto her elbows. Concern flickered in her eyes. He just stared at her, his mind unable to form the proper answer. He was tired of being confused. Everything used to be black and white, now it was a swarm of colors all blending together.

Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days

Always a bigger bed to climb into 

Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything 

How do you tell someone that the lines between right and wrong were so blurred that he couldn't make out either? He had so many questions he wanted to ask, but his pride was an obstacle he couldn't over come. "Sherlock baby what's wrong?" She was sitting all the way up now, placing her hand on his arm gently. He stared into her blue orbs for a few moments longer. Did she truly believe in him? She did stay by his side, John assured him that he would never believe Sherlock was a fraud.  Did she feel the same way?

And everyone believed in you  

"Why are you still here?" He questioned, voicing one of his many thoughts.

"What?" She was fully awake now, looking beyond confused. 

"I don't show you the proper affection you deserve. I left you for two years. I-" he didn't get to finish as she placed a finger to his lips. "I'm here because I love you." She took his hand in her smaller one, "Where is all of this coming from?"

He looked down, ashamed of himself for allowing her to worry over nothing. 

"C'mere." She outstretched her arms, he scooted down, laying his head on her chest. The sound of her heartbeat driving away a few of his worries. "Sherlock you are more then good enough for me. You know that right?" She wrapped her arms around him, as if shielding him from the outside world. It almost worked.

He didn't answer, he knew she was being sincere, but the doubt still lingered. 

It's alright Just wait and see

Your string of lights is still bright to me

She ran a hand through his curls, "Lieke?" He asked.

"Yes?" She answered gently, looking down at him.

"I think I love you."

She smiled, hearing him say those last three words was a rare thing indeed.

He looked up at her, saying two words he'd only said to her once.

"I'm sorry." He said softly, it was barely audible but she caught it.

"For what?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"For faking my death, for going into that drug house...."

"You were an asshole for doing those things." She agreed, he looked down. "But I still love you."

who you are is not where you've been

You're still an innocent

You've done somethings you can't speak of

at night you live it all again

"Sherlock what brought all this up?" She questioned, looking down at him. He didn't answer, just staring at the wall.

It was a nice wall.

He shook his head, not wanting to let her into the thoughts whirling around in his mind. Snuggling into her warm embrace, wanting the moment to last as long as it could. Finding himself slowly drifting off, the thought of knowing she'd always be there placing a smile on his lips.

a/n

heyo 

so im not dead.

i haven't been into writing the pass few days. Alot of shit is happening, I've had three breakdowns at school over the past few days and my entire world is crumbling around me.

but hey, on the bright side. I posted Silence, add it your libraies  XD

ill update the first chapter soon

i guess thats all i have to say

sorry guys, i'm slipping back into old habits. I was actually writing my note for you guys today. my friend/crush talked me out of killing myself on thursday. I figured you deserved to know why I've abandoned you guy's

Call it seeking sympathy or whatever the duck you want but it's what happen

love y'all more then you know

bye bye for now