Soulmates

Type: Oneshot / soulmate AU you see color when you meet your soulmate
Pairing: Greg Lestrade
Warnings: none

Soulmate -
A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet -- a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before.

•••••

The Spark.

That's what most people described it as, something that spread a warm feeling through you. Something that made you feel happy, it was the light to your darkness.

You made your way through the cold London streets, the grey sky seemed darker than usual. People flew by, a variety of grey, black, and white coats. A flurry of fabric brushed against your skin, busy people with busy lives. Much like you, you barely managed to squeeze past into the coffee shop. Placing your white bag on the smooth black table, brushing a (Hair length) lock from your face, you walked to the front counter. The barista's grey eyes flickered over you, a fake smile plastered upon her face. "How may I help you miss?" She asked, your eyes floated over the menu. You ordered your coffee before turning around, running smack into a solid wall. You looked up to find a man looking down at you, you watched your coffee spread all over his shirt. "Oh my god... I'm sorry!" You looked wide eyed.

"I never liked this shirt anyway." The man shrugged, flashing you a small smile.

You both reached for napkins, your fingertips brushed and you felt your whole world stop. You watched wide eyed as the grey counters were now a bright yellow, you looked up and saw the barista from earlier with long red locks tied back and bright green eyes. You looked down and saw yourself dressed in a (favorite color) jacket, in the glass case you saw your reflection. (Eye color) eyes and (hair color) locks tied back into a bun, threatening to fall. You turned towards the man and saw a brown instead of black liquid soaking the man's white shirt. You looked up to find the most beautiful brown eyes, well the only brown eyes, you'd ever seen staring back at you. A warm feeling flooding throughout you, all from a single touch. Soon it all disappeared, fading back to your black and white madness.

You realized you'd been staring, you begged your mouth to work but instead it just just hung open.

"Miss?" He asked, looking down at you seeming slightly concerned and confused.

"Did you see that?" You breathed, he had to of.

"See what?" He answered, cocking his head. Your heart stopped.

"Um nothing." You looked down before sitting down the napkins. "I-uh I'm going to be late." You murmured, pushing your way out of the shop. "Miss? " He called out, looking beyond confused.

"Mr. Lestrade?" The barista called out, his coffee in hand, he shook his head and accepted it.

You two never crossed paths again, neither did you and the colors.

A/N:

First thing: IM SORRY ITS SO SHORT BUT ILL HAVE MORE UPLOADED SOON
And
so I saw this OTP challenge thing and it was where what if when you met your soulmate you saw colors for the first time. I'd never done something like this before, it was kind of fun.

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it! I will not be able to upload anything tomorrow soooooo I'm going to upload as much as I can today and throughout next week.

As always, requests are open and............................................................

I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT

Me and the beautifully talented drayizzle  are now writing a book together more information can be found in the Queen of Crime Part 3!

Admit it, you love myfirstnameisdrayizzle.

Love y'all dearly, thank you for all the votes and comments.

Sherlockians leave the best comments I swear, TANGENT DETECTED OK

bye bye for now

~ E