Little Do You Know

Type: Songfic

Inspired by: Little Do You Know, Alex and Sirrea (this song is a duet, therefore the lyrics blending with the story make more sense if you listen to the song first because it switches POV)

Pairing: Greg Lestrade x Reader

Warnings: Mentions of Self harm, suicidal intention

POV change is signaled with ** before the lyrics

Little do you know how I'm breakin while you fall asleep

You ran your hand through your hair, walking into your small flat. You felt as if you could sleep standing up, your (hair color) locks were rustled, coming loose from the bun you'd tied them in. You closed the door, leaning against it. Finding a certain relaxation in the quiet darkness, you looked at your phone.

2:00am.

Perfect.

Now you wouldn't have to face Greg. You both had an awful fight the previous night, and you'd managed to dodge him when you woke up this morning. You'd both said awful things, and the guilt from it all nagged at you from the inside. His words still swam through your mind, the thought that he would even think some of those things was what hurt worst of all. You looked around the small living room, sighing before walking towards your bedroom carefully.

Little do you know, I'm haunted by the memory

Little do you know I'm tryin' to pick myself up piece by piece

Greg had always been there, while your depression raged on, he'd always been a shoulder to cry on. When you'd lay awake at night he'd wrap his arms around you, telling you everything he loved about you no matter the time. When you first moved in together, he'd walked in on you in the bathroom, blade in hand. He'd taken the blade out of your hand gently and held you close.

Little do you know I'm held captive by the hole inside

You sighed, staring at the bedroom door. You were silently praying that he was asleep. At first you were reluctant to say yes to Greg's proposal. He deserved someone better, someone who was mentally stable. Your mind had been clouded with hundreds of doubts, what if he broke your heart? What if he didn't want you? What if he saw the true broken girl you were, and decided he wanted someone he didn't have to put back together again?

I've been holdin' back for the fear that you might change your mind

You'd forgiven Greg in a heartbeat, you couldn't blame him. All the things he'd said were true. His voice echoed in your mind.

"I'm constantly worrying that if i leave you alone for more then five minutes I'll come back to you bleeding out on our bathroom floor! I can't do anything with the guys or anyone else because I'm afraid about what you'll do to yourself!"

You sighed, he was right.

He needed someone who he didn't have to worry over, someone he didn't have to fear they wouldn't be there when he got home.

I'm ready to forgive you but forgettin is a harder fight

Little do you know I, I need a little more time

You were pulled from your thoughts by a rustling from behind the door, a soft light poured out from under the door. You slowly reached down and opened the door, peeking through the crack to find Greg pacing anxiously. You took a deep break before opening the door fully, fearing his response. You were shocked to find him rushing forward and puling you into a warm embrace.

I'll wait, I'll wait

I'll love you like you've never felt the pain

"I'm sorry." He whispered, holding you as close as he could. "I shouldn't of said any of those things."

"They were all true." You sighed, looking up at him. "Greg you shouldn't be forced to be with someone who you're in constant fear of losing."

I promise you don't have to be afraid, I'll wait

Greg looked at you with wide eyes, "(Your Name) I choose to be with you because I love you! We'll get through this together. He laced his fingers with yours.

The love you see right here is here to stay so lay your head on me

"I'm not leaving you." He said softly, "I'm here as long as you want me." You looked up at him. "Promise?" You questioned, hope flickering in your eyes.

"Promise." He nodded, smiling. "Well then get comfortable Gregory Lestrade, because you aren't Goin anywhere." You smirked and he grinned. "Wasn't planning on anything different." He placed a kiss on your lips, wrapping your arms around his neck, his around your waist.

"Tell you what, you go change and then we'll watch whatever you want." He smiled and you nodded, turning away and walking towards the bathroom. When the door closed his smile fell, running a hand through his hair.

** Little do you know I know your hurting while I fall asleep

The guilt from the argument still interested within him, he was suppose to be helping her. He was suppose to help you put yourself back together, not tear you apart even more.

Little do you know all my mistakes are slowly drowning me

He sat down on the bed and buried his face in his hands. He sighed, she forgave him. Why couldn't he forgive himself?

I'm trying to make it better piece by piece

She still loved him, she was still there. It was only their second major fight, couples fought all the time. Soon the bathroom door opened and she emerged, he sighed. Even when her hair was going every which way, her makeup was removed, and she was dressed in captain America pants and a tank top she was still gorgeous. "You owe me a Doctor Who marathon." She smirked, taking his hand and pulling him up.

I'll love you till the sun dies

She tugged him into the living room and plopped down on the couch, patting the space next to her. He sat down, extending his arms for her to snuggle into. She did so and queued up the show, her smile never fading.

I'll wait, just wait
I'll love you like you never felt the pain, just wait
I promise you don't have to be afraid, just wait
The love you see right here is here to stay

He held her close, she was here.

She was alive.

She was breathing.

The soft comfort of that was enough to assure him that he was indeed, enough.

Lay your head on me
So lay your head on me
'Cause little do you know
I love you till the sun dies

A/N

Heyo! So I'm pulling an all nighter and I'm like hey let's write.

So I have two confessions to make

I've got two new obsessions

Florida Georgia Line

And I've watched two seasons of Gilmore Girls in two days.

I have a problem.

Sooooo how are y'all?

Inspired by the lovely drayizzle , ive decided to start doing a question of the chapter or whatever.

Question: what's your guilty pleasure? TV show, music, whatever