Monster

Type: Songfic (monster by imagine dragons)

Pairing: Jim Moriarty x Reader

Warnings: none

Ever since I could remember everything inside of me just wanted to fit in

He didn't want to believe it was all a lie.

He didn't want her to run away, so he hid the truth. He did it for her.

"You know, you have to tell her eventually." Sebastian blew a cloud of smoke from his lips, rolling the cigarette in between his fingertips. His legs crossed as he leaned back in the leather chair, "She can't go on believing your Richard whatever. She needs to know who you really are."

Jim ran a hand through his hair, "DON'T YOU THINK I KNOW THAT? I don't want to scare her away." He buried his face in his hands. Anxiety crept up within him, would she still want him if he told her what he was? He was responsible for so many bloody massacres. He didn't understand how one ordinary person could sent him into such an emotional turmoil.

I was never one for pretenders, everything I tried to be, just wouldn't settled in

Now here he was, running a hand through his hair, a bouquet in his hands of blood red roses. He raised his fist and knocked, the sound of rustling sounded. He bit his lip, watching carefully as the door opened, revealing his lover. "Richard." She smiled, her hair was pulled back into a messy bun, dressed in her favorite t shirt and yoga pants and she still looked amazing to him. Her eyes widened as she looked down at the flowers, "they're for you (your name)." He gave a small smile, and shook them. "They're beautiful!" She smiled."

If I told you what I was, would you turn your back on me?

"What's the occasion?" She asked curiously, turning away and gesturing for him to come inside.  "I need to talk to you." He awkwardly placed his hands in his pockets, he was usually smooth and seductive with her, but the whole situation made him go into a nervous frenzy.

"Tea?" Her voice pulled him from his thoughts, he nodded and sat down on the couch.

She walked around in the kitchen. "Luckily I already made a pot." She soon came in, two cups in hand. "So what's up?" He felt his mouth go dry as he tried to form the words, but they were all a jumbled mess in his mind.

If I seemed dangerous, would you be scared?

She sat down beside him, placing the cups on the table. She seemed to sense something was wrong, "Richard love, what's wrong?" She reached forward, placing a hand on his knee, her eyes glittered with concern. "My name isn't Richard."

Great start.

I get the feeling just because everything I touch isn't dark enough, this problem lies in me

A small nervous laugh escaped her lips, "what do you mean? Of course it is."

"My real name is James Moriarty, though I prefer Jim." He stared ahead at her, ready for whatever was to come next. The color visibly drained from her face, "you mean you're.... Him?" She questioned, she didn't seemed disgusted or scared, just shocked. "I told you I was Richard so you wouldn't fear me or turn me in." He looked down.

I'm only a man with a chamber whose got me
I'm takin a stand to escape what's inside me

His words seemed to sink in. She just looked at him. "Everything you've told me... How you love me... Was it all true?" She asked.

A monster, I've turned into a monster and it keeps getting stronger

"Of course!" He frantically ran a hand through his hair, "everything I've felt- that I've said I've felt- it's all true. (Your Name) I love you, and I understand if you want me to leave." He slowly stood.

Can I clear my consciences if  I'm different from the rest? Do I have to run and hide?

He was stopped by her grabbing his wrist. "Wait."

He turned and looked at her, she didn't seem fearful or horrified, instead interest and admiration glittered in her eyes. "I don't want you to leave." She tugged and he sat down beside her, she took his hand in hers. "I love you too, Jim." His actual name sounded foreign coming from her, and but he loved the sound of his name on her lips.

If I told you what I was would you turn your back on me?

"So you may of killed thousands of people." She seemed to still be digesting that part. "But hey, I've always had a thing for bad boys." She smirked. Jim looked at her, he couldn't help grinning. "I'll always love you Jim, no matter what you do." She leaned forward, pressing a kiss to his lips.

If I seemed dangerous would you be scared?
I get the feeling just because everything I touch isn't dark enough

He smiled slightly, little to both of your knowledge, you too had your own bloodlust, and what better way to feed it then with another fellow psychopath?

A monster a monster I've turned into a monster, and it keeps gettin stronger

A/N

Okie here's a Jim one where he didn't kill you! Yay!

Sorry if he's out of character but I love this song so much!

I think you guys have probably noticed I love imagine dragons.

I need HALP, I wanna write a Songfic imagine to a Halsey song but idk which one and even if I did idk how I would devise a plot and ugh.

Love y'all

Bye bye for now