Sherlock Meets Emo Music

Type: Oneshot

Pairing: Sherlock x Reader

Warnings: none

Requested by: -TheLostGirl01-

"I don't care what you think as long as it's about me the best of us can find happiness in the misery."

You sung along with the music, playing along on your air guitar. You twirled around, strumming. You were home alone and you were taking advantage of it, you'd been putting some laundry away in the bedroom, but once your song came on you had to stop and dance.

You didn't make the rules, you just followed them.

You continued singing and swaying your hips as you put the last of the laundry away. The song soon came to a close only for another to come on.

"If you wanted honesty that's all you had to say. I never want to let you down or have you go it's better off this way."

Soon you found yourself standing on your bed, mimicking Gerard Way dancing in the music video.

You failed to hear the door open over the blaring music, you continued to strum your guitar when you jumped up and turned around

"I'm not okaaaaaayyyyy I'm not okaaaayyyyyyyy SHERLOCK WHERE THE BLOODY HELL DID YOU COME FROM?!"

You found your fiancé standing in the doorframe, a smirk playing upon his lips. "Don't allow me to ruin your fun."

"I-uh..." You felt a warm blush spread across your cheeks. "Care to join me?" You offered him your hand, hopping off the bed. "I don't think so." He shook his head, you grabbed his hand and pulled him towards you. You swayed your hips in time with the music, he rolled his eyes at you but seemed to step along. You eventually pulled him into it.

Suddenly the song cut off and began playing something much slower

Suddenly the song cut off and began playing something much slower. "May I?" He extended his hand, you nodded took his hand. He slipped an arm around your waist, guiding you along as the soft sound of a violin filled the room, soon followed by lyrics.

"So long to all my friends, everyone of them met tragic ends."

You felt his grip around you tighten slightly. You raised an eyebrow looking up at him. "You know this song?"

"I've heard it before." He shrugged it off, you placed your head on his chest. The both of you just moved with the music, never wanting the moment to end.

***

You sat criss crossed on the floor, leaning against the couch as you scrolled through your phone. Sherlock sat next to you, laying his head on your shoulder, apparently the couch disrupted his thinking.

"(Your name)."

"Yes?"

"Who were you listening to earlier?"

"My Chemical Romance." You responded, raising an eyebrow at the question. "Why?"

"How does such awful music and equally awful makeup create such deep lyrics?" He questioned.

You sat your phone down, putting a hand over your heart. "Excuse you. Gerard Way's makeup is perfect. So is the music."

"Classical is more helpful to the mind."

"Well My Chemical Romance is more helpful to getting you out of your mind." You countered.

"He's wearing eyeliner."

"Guy liner."

"I don't understand how you like these bands." Sherlock crossed his arms, continuing to lean against you.

"I love them cause they're amazing." You scrolled through your music, selecting Crazy=Genius.

Sherlock groaned and rolled over, landing face first in your lap. You looked down at him and shrugged, propping your elbows up on his back and using him as a table, making him love your music becoming your purpose in life.

A/N

Sorry for the shitty ending I couldn't figure out i should end it

Ok I figured this was the perfect chapter to put this rant in

I am SICK and tired of people finding it strange and weird I listen to such dark and depressing music. Like my chemical romance for example, most people are telling me that they're dark and depressing and I'm like well were you breaking down and crying so hard last night that you couldn't breath and you began to sing "we'll carry on" (welcome to the black parade) and "I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone." To keep you from your box full of blades cause I was.

Don't tell me my music is awful when you listen to that pop shit,  don't get me wrong I love a few pop songs like I love fifth harmony but seriously

Society:

Emo/ TØP: "We should take break from the pain our brain has made the game is not playing along. We should take a moment and hold it and remember life has a hopeful undertone."

Art/Inspirational/Nicki Minaji: stupid hoe stupid bitch stupid hoe

Emo/MCR: "I'm unashamed I'm gonna show my scar, a cheer for the broken cause it's who we are"

Art/Inspirational/Rihanna: work work work work work it to me

I'm not saying all pop songs are bad, take fuckin perfect by p!nk for example, I love a shitty pop song but don't call my music shit when it's proven emo bands have reduced suicide rates by 89%

These songs help me through the hardest times, they help me know I'm not alone. They carry me through and give me hope, SING By MCR for example. Don't call my music shit when you don't know the story.

I'll have you know that I have held a blade to my skin, about to draw blood when one of my songs come on and give me hope knowing it's ok.

I am not afraid to keep on living.

I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

And that's because of these bands.