Lovely Mess

Type: songfic (lovely mess by the front porch step)

pairing: Sherlock x reader

warnings: none

Requested by: @elliescratch

I'm not the man I once was

To Sherlock Holmes, sentiment was a disease.

It clouded your mind, preventing you from making sound judgments.

He hated how she made him feel something very different to the way he usually felt.

It was easy enough to say that (Your Name) Lestrade, aside from John, were his bestfriend.

But he felt something different about you, something he'd never felt about anyone else. Whenever you entered the room he felt his mood lift instantly lift, your smile was more beautiful then any piece of art he'd ever recovered.

But I'm changing everyday to meet someone like you

He wanted to make you happy, whenever you were upset he took it onto himself to make it better. You didn't feel like a best friend, you felt like something more. He drummed his fingers on the arm of the couch, the room was dead silent except for the occasional turning of a newspaper page from John. Sherlock tugged his sheet around himself tighter, anxiously awaiting the case, wanting anything that would take his mind off you. John casted him a look, then looked back down at his paper. "Greg's bringing help."

"Please tell me there won't be any irritating officers. We don't need help." He brought his hands up into his thinking position.

John just grinned, "if you say so."

Sherlock narrowed his eyes, "what are you not telling me?"

"nothing."

"John." Sherlock said sharply and the doctor sat down his paper. "It's nothing, he's just bringing (Your Name)."

Sherlock's eyes widened, he felt as if someone had just blown his mind palace to pieces.

"So, you chose the sheet today?" John smirked.

Sherlock practically jumped over the coffee table and raced towards his bedroom and the loud sound of rustling filled the room. John just shook his head smiling, Sherlock came out a few moments later. Dressed in black pants and his purple shirt, he scurried around the flat, placing books on shelves and expirements back in the fridge. John watched him, eyebrow raised.

And you've got eyes that can tear me down but all they do is build me up

"You really like her, don't you?" He questioned and Sherlock shook his head, "I have no idea what your talking about."

"Sherlock you're cleaning up after yourself."

"So?"

"You never do that. Not even when Irene was here."

"Shut up." Sherlock blew dust off the most challenging, most impressive book he owned and placed it on the desk, opening it up to a random page as if he'd been reading it.

"Sherlock it's okay if you like someone. The world isn't going to end."

So hold my hand before my heart erupts

A knocking at the door sounded and he practically jumped ten feet in the air, John rolled his eyes. "I'll get it." He stood and walked over to the door, opening it. "Relax, it's just Greg."