I'm Home

Type: Oneshot

Pairing: Sherlock x Reader

Warnings: None

You held your abdomen tightly, wincing with pain as you made your way up the stairs. You were finally home after what felt like forever after being cooped up in a hospital room for what felt like eternity. You sighed with relief once you finally made it up the stairs, Mrs. Hudson held your hand. "And we're here love, you alright?" She questioned and you gave her a sweet smile and nodded. "Is he home?" You asked hopefully and she nodded. You smiled, you and Sherlock had been in America on a case when you were shot, sent back to England where you could be under Mycroft's watchful eye to ensure you had the best care available. Sherlock wanted to return but wasn't allowed until he finished his case, and then was tied up a couple weeks for getting into a brawl with a milatary officer who wouldn't let him come. THAT was an interesting phone call. Today you were both coming home, and it seemed he'd beaten you there. You sighed before opening the door, first america then a hospital, now home. Mrs. Hudson didn't seem to want to release your hand, as if she was the only thing keeping you from toppling over. "I'm fine Mrs. Hudson."  You smiled and she nodded and gingerly released your hand. She knocked on the doorframe, "Sherlock, (your name)'s home."

The flat remained silent for a moment before a rustling sounded and the bedroom door opened and Sherlock practically flew out of your room. He just stared at you for a moment. Mrs. Hudson turned away and walked out, "I'll leave you two to it."

She closed the door and you looked at Sherlock, offering a small smile. "I'm home."

Before you knew it, he'd practically charged you and had his arms wrapped around you, leaning down a bit and burying his face in the crook of your neck. "I'm sorry I shouldn't of drug you along-"

You returned the embrace, the surprise finally dying a bit. "Sherlock I chose to go with you." You said gently, running a hand through his curls. He stayed in that position for a moment and you let him, enjoying the rare contact. "I should of been with you." He sighed, looking up at you with big sad eyes. "Sherlock you had a job to do." You shrugged, giving him a warm smile. He sighed, and you remained like that for a few moments. "Alright Sherlock darling, I love you but I need to sit down." You winced, and he shot up. "Of course. I'll make you tea and get you a blanket and get your doctor who DVD and-" he hurried off, mainly talking to himself instead of you. You chuckled and sat down on the sofa, feeling the dull throbbing become tolerable. You crossed your legs and propped your feet up on the coffee table. Sherlock came out of your bedroom with an arm full of pillows. He walked over to you and put one under your now barefeet and one behind your back. He tossed a blanket over you, before bustling around in the kitchen. You chuckled at him, flipping on the TV as you scrolled through your shows, looking for something good. Sherlock came back a few moments later, a cup of tea in hand. You took it and sipped it, he stood with his hands on his hips, looking proud of himself. "You know im missing one thing." You looked down at your tea, smirking slightly.

"What?! Do you need another pillow? Another blanket? A different flavor of tea?"

You shook your head. "No."

the genius rubbed his chin for a moment as if scanning through all the possibilities. It was clear you had stumped him. You smiled and sat your cup down on the table and patted the space next to you, "You silly."

He looked as if he had a huge "OH" moment and walked over and cautiously sat down next to you, as if one touch would cause you to scream bloody murder. You tossed the blanket over his lap too, laying your head on his shoulder and guided his arm around you, careful to keep it from touching where you'd been wounded. You both settled in and focused on the TV screen in front of you.

***

Your eyes slowly opened, the sun had set, night had fallen over London. The TV screen read

Continue watching doctor who?

You went to move but something kept you in place, you looked up to find Sherlock leaning against the arm rest, you were curled up on his chest, his arms around you. His face was buried in your hair. You heard soft whispers and closed your eyes again, listening closely.

"I love you. I promise I won't let you go again". He said softly and you fought the urge to break out into a large smile. There was no place you'd rather be.

A/N

Sorry for the spam but I already had these written and a few more and I couldn't wait to post them

ME AND MY EX BESTIE R FRIENDS AGAIN I THINK AND ME HER AND MY OTHER BESTIE ARE HAVING AN MCR PARTY AND WE'RE GONNA HAVE FAKE PIERCINGS AND HAIR DYE AND WEVE GOT AN EMO LIST TO BLAST AND IVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY