Chapter 46 - Taking charge

S I E N N A

I pull away hesitantly from Blade and push him off my body. It wasn't easy since it seems like I'm pushing a wall of hard muscles.

Blade chuckles at my failed attempts and rises to his feet, pulling me along with him. My cheeks heats up in embarrassment as Franco struts further into the room with a frown etched onto his face.

"Like seriously, get a fucking room. This is the second or third time that I'm witnessing this shit. It's like I'm cursed or something." Franco deadpans as water drips down from the strands of his brown hair and unto his grey T-shirt, leaving a wet spot on the thin fabric.

"Shut up, Franco. This is the second time. The one in the club doesn't count." Blade tells him and drapes his arm over my shoulders which didn't go unnoticed by Franco who lets out a dramatic gasp and smirks. Fuck.

"Obviously, something happened between you guys. It's probably sex because Blade has never looked this content in awhile." Franco flashes me a subtle wink that causes my cheeks to heat up more as he begins to cover his fists with tape wraps.

"What are you doing here?" Blade asks, his fingers drawing invisible shapes on my arm, an action he does subconsciously. His touch is electric. It tickles and makes me shiver.

"Matilde requests for both your presence in the kitchen. Apparently, you guys were absent for breakfast and lunch. Now I know why." Franco wiggles his eyebrows and brushes some strands of brown hair away from his forehead, fist coming in contact with the black punching bag.

"You really need to stop sticking your nose in our business, Franco." Blade tells him with a small glare as I interlace out fingers together.

Franco heaves out a heavy breath and chuckles. "I would, if you do things discreetly. Maybe, I don't know, get a fucking room next time."

"Asshole." Blade mutters under his breath and leads me towards the door.

*******

"Eat." Matilde demands, pointing her ladle in the direction of the pasta that she places in front of me, a stern look on her face. "You skipped breakfast and lunch, caro. The least you can do is finish this without hesitation."

I chew at the inside of my cheek and grip the fork with my hand, scooping a couple of pasta, I watch as the marinara drips down from the pieces and lands back on the plate.

I'm not a fan of pasta. Don't know the exact reason but it's so gross.

The scent alone makes me want to puke. I'll just have to toughen up and eat it for Matilde.

I bring the fork to my lips and chew slightly on the pasta, my stomach churns tightly but I ignore it and force the pasta down my throat.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Matilde asks with a grin, patting my back lightly. I nod my head at her in response.

Camilla snickers opposite me and takes a sip of her coffee. Her hair is a bed nest on top of her head and there's black spot under her eyes. The cracks on her lips is not too evident until you take a closer look.

She looks terrible.

I give her the middle finger and chug down the glass of water that's next to my plate.

"Where's Blade?" Matilde questions, eyes glancing around the empty kitchen.

"He's taking a shower." I answer, raising an eyebrow at Nico who saunters into the kitchen and adjust his bowtie. His phone rings. He pulls it out from his pocket and answers the call in a gruff tone before walking out of our sight.