Chapter 69 - Lure the tiger

S I E N N A

"I've never had this much fun in my entire life." Chiara breathes, her chest rising and falling in a fast pace from how breathless she is.

"Me too." I place my hand on both knees, panting heavily as sweat dripped down from my forehead and land on the floor.

Chiara and I went to the mall to shop for cute outfits which we didn't get to do since Chiara suggested something else. It was fucking crazy. We both drew mustaches and random things with a black marker on the security guards face while they slept on the white plastic chairs at the entrance.

Chiara took off their trousers, leaving them in plain white boxers and tied it around their legs to restrict their movement. She flashed me a wicked smile and gave a thumbs up for me to go ahead.

With as much strength that I could muster, I blew the little red whistle and instantly, they jolted out of their sleep and leaped to their feet, blinking their eyes rapidly to make sense of the current situation.

Chiara took a couple of pictures and nudged me to run along with her just as they start chasing us with the trousers still tied to their legs.

We both erupted in fits of laughter, manoeuvering our way through the crowded mall as they continued to chase us, yelling out words for us to stop but we didn't.

Everyone took out their phones to take pictures.

They stumbled and fell into the fountain, water splashing out a bit at the force. It was amazing.

Chiara and I usually prank a few people when we were kids including our parents, because of that, people called us the prankster twins.

Those were memories I was never gonna forget for as long as I live.

Chiara took a minute to calm down her ragged breathing before pulling out her phone when it buzzed with a text. Her jaw locks tightly when she reads it, the grip she had on the phone tightens as her fingers move swiftly across the keyboard to type back a reply.

"Want something to drink?" Chiara asks, chewing nervously on her bottom lip as she fiddles with the hem of her scarf.

"Yeah, sure." I tell her with a smile and together, we walked towards a small café that wasn't too far from the mall.

Chiara swings the glass doors open and ushers me towards a table before sauntering off to get our coffees. I didn't even get the chance to tell her what I wanted because she seems to be in a hurry.

I let out a groan as my phone rings for the fifth time today. When will Blade get the hint that I don't want to speak to him?

I decline the call and drum my fingers on the wooden table just as my phone rings again but this time, it's Camilla that's calling.

My finger hovers over the answer button, my lower lip rolls between my teeth as I debate whether to answer it or not but eventually, I decline the call and turn my phone off.

It's probably Blade that told her to call me. That man is relentless.

I miss him.

Chiara places the coffee macchiato in front of me and begins to sip hers, glancing occasionally at her phone that buzzes with another text.