Chapter 63 - Technical wizard

S I E N N A

I tell Blade everything, leaving nothing out.

He listens attentively and licks his lip anytime I pause to take a deep breath. It was kind of distracting.

I can't really gauge his reaction but I can tell that he's upset which makes my stomach churn.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I just thought that I could handle it. I didn't want to bother you with my problems. It just came so sudden and you weren't in the –" I begin to hyperventilate until warm lips pressed against mine, cutting me off completely.

"You talk too much, baby doll." He murmurs against my lips and pulls away with a smirk that made me confused.

"Aren't you mad at me???" I question with a sniffle, wiping the tear I didn't know was rolling down my cheek.

"Yes, I'm mad at you. I'm beyond upset." He snakes him arm around my waist and pulls me in between his legs, a playful frown brushing the corners of his lips. "You mean a lot to me, Sienna. Telling me about your problems is never a bother. Especially something that's as big as this. Someone wants you dead and before they even glance in your direction, I'm gonna burn them alive."

I sighed in relief just as my phone dinged with another text from the unknown number.

"We need to find out who is sending this death threat." Blade places his hand at the small of my back and scrolls through the messages. "Do you have enemies?"

I narrow my eyes at him and shake my head. "No. I don't think so."

"You sure? Because these messages seem to be sent by someone who have a grudge against you." Blade's eyebrows furrow as he continues to read the previous texts. He pulls out his phone and types in a couple of numbers before dialing it.

"Come over to my office, Esteban." Blade demands with an edge to his tone and cut the call before the person can respond.

*****

I sit next to Camilla on the couch in Blade's office. Silence lingers heavily in the air as we try to process everything and think of someone who could be behind this.

Only the clacking sound of the keyboard could be heard as Esteban's fingers moves expertly on it, a couple of codes appearing on his laptop screen when he types in a few numbers.

"Are you sure he can do this?" I whisper, keeping my gaze focused on the brown haired guy as he rolls his bottom lip between his teeth in concentration and blows out a sigh when another gibberish codes run down the screen.

He's such a technical wizard.

"Of course he can. Esteban is the tech guy in the Armani empire. There's nothing he can't do when it involves technology. He's an expert." Camilla praises, twirling a strand of her brown curls with her fingers.

"I can see that." I hum in agreement, watching as Esteban requests for Blade's phone so that he can check if the number that called him weeks ago and demanded for Matteo to be released is connected with the one on my phone.

"So, Blade, huh??" Camilla wiggles her eyebrows teasingly and whacks my shoulder when I try to to play innocent. "You better tell me everything."

I sigh in defeat and tell her everything that's been going on in our relationship. She lets out low a gasp and squeal– so as not to get the attention of the guys– when I come to the conclusion.

"I can't believe he told you about his mother." Camilla mumbles, incredulously, in a soft tone and gives Blade a sidelong glance when he nods at something that Esteban says to him. Nico sits on his desk with a confused expression.